1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I finally got a Prius! WOO!!

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by Starbug, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I took delivery of a black 2007 package #2 Prius lastnight! :wub: OMG I finally have one! :wub: Booked an appointment with Stanley at Toyota of Kirkland at 6pm to view the inventory, and left a few hours later with a shiney new Prius. Great salesman, cool guy, easy to deal with; I'd recomend him to anybody needing a car.

So I'm retiring my Acura RSX-S from daily driver to full-out race car (I've been autocrossing it), and my Prius shall be my new daily driver. My commute often involves semis throwing tons of rocks onto me at freeway speeds (ARGH!!), so I invested in the full 3M chip protectant package (I think it was called Chipset or something) so that hopefully the rock damage will be kept to a minimum (the rocks are so bad that I need to repaint my RSX badly).

Sooooo, now I have to name my Prius! Suggestions?

I will post pics soon. I think I will also remove that outer cap thing on the rims. It might look better that way. Anybody know how to do it? Does it just pull off? I kinda looked at it this afternoon, but didn't really probe too hard to figure out how just yet. I also need to find an energizer bunny sticker like I saw on a grey Prius some months back. It was so cute! White outlines in the drawing style of those peeing Calvin stickers you often see on trucks, but this was the energizer bunny with his drum and drumsticks just sitting there looking at you. He was cute.

2. samiam

samiam Antipodean Prius Poster

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Very nice starbug -- congratulations & happy trails...

3. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Starbug @ Jun 19 2007, 08:44 PM) [snapback]465051[/snapback]</div>
    Wooo? :D

Yep, just grab and pull.

Congratulations. :lol:

4. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    congrats on the new car! Take pics!

5. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Obsessing?

We'll be the judge of that. <_<

Of course you will be judged on the "Pixie' scale. :eek:
    [attachmentid=9067]
    http://priuschat.com/Pixie-m3205.html

She hasn't been around these part in quite some time, but her legend lives on.

[note the towel between her and her Prius. . . . now THAT is obsessing!]

Attached Files:

6. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good choice of color. :p

7. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wooo Hoooo!
    Welcome to PriusChat, and the wonderful world of Prius ownership!
    Or, as my Dear Hubbs is starting to mention to me, being owned BY a Prius. It's kinda like having a cat...
    I'm a little sympathetic over your color choice... it will show dust badly. Good idea getting the 3M protection (clear bra?)... you'll need it!

Be sure to fill out your profile... so we know where you are! And, should you see my gorgeous Rudy around, honk and wave! :D

8. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Jun 20 2007, 01:33 AM) [snapback]465111[/snapback]</div>
    I got a pic just like that of me hugging my RSX right after I bought it. But I can beat Pixie's pic when it comes to my Prius.... I'm waiting for 3M clear film to be installed before I go hug my prius! Then I will go take a pic of me hugging it! 3M film prevents towel fuz from getting on my car (and scratches from my clothes & fingerprints)! :p And to make it all worse, I'm not even driving my car until that 3M is installed (on monday). How's all that for obsessing? :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Michgal007 @ Jun 20 2007, 04:47 AM) [snapback]465121[/snapback]</div>
    It's the same color as my other car; I seem to always end up with black. Very high maintnance color (especially here where it rains soooo much and soooo much pollen drops all over from spring thru summer). But ya know, as much as black gives me so much grief trying to keep it clean, it looks sooo hot when it's all washed and waxed! B) I like black!

9. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rae Vynn @ Jun 20 2007, 09:01 AM) [snapback]465240[/snapback]</div>
    Yep, I have noticed how these Prii seem to own their drivers! But it's ok, I'm used to being owned: I have a cat! (see avatar)

As for the clear bra, the color of my Prius is exactly why I got that extra! My Acura RSX-S is black, so I already knew what I was going to be in for. Being the only available Prius on the lot at the time of purchase, I couldn't choose another color. But that's ok, I got my Prius so I'm happy (everybody else is on a 2 month waiting list, according to the salesman). I'm glad I didn't have to wait for a specific package/color combo! :D

I'll honk and wave if I see and recognise you, for sure! I'm easy to spot: black 2007 with really short female driver (it will look like a kid at the wheel). :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dogfriend @ Jun 19 2007, 09:33 PM) [snapback]465066[/snapback]</div>
    LOL, Wooo is an awesome name... :D

Grab and pull. Sweet. I like easy.... where's my Easy Button? *presses it* Ah, yes......

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(h2photo @ Jun 19 2007, 10:08 PM) [snapback]465076[/snapback]</div>
    Yup, pics on the way. Just gotta upload them (probably tomorrow).

Thanks everybody for the congrats! :)

10. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Ok, pics of my car! Enjoy!

[attachmentid=9166]

[attachmentid=9167]

Attached Files:

11. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Looks like another cool chick for the Black Prii club.

12. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jun 23 2007, 11:43 AM) [snapback]466920[/snapback]</div>
    Sweet! :D I'll add it to my sig. B)

13. dogfriend

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Nice and Shiny. :D

You still need to pull off those trim rings though. No one knows exactly why they put them on in the first place. I think they may broadcast a homing signal to a distant race of alien beings. Or someone at Toyota thought they looked good. Kind of a tossup.

14. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dogfriend @ Jun 24 2007, 04:59 PM) [snapback]467399[/snapback]</div>
    The trim rings are part of the protective film wrapping, like the clear plastic on the upholstry dash and outside on the paint. The dealer is supposed to peel off all the protective coverings before you take delivery.

15. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    NoMoShocks: Ooooh, so they forgot to remove the protective trim rings! I see! LOL.

Dogfriend: But just in case they do broadcast to an alien race, should I also be wearing a tin foil hat so that they can't read my mind? *giggle* BTW, your dog avatar is adorable! Looks like he's laughing.

Yeah, those rings need to go. They'll go away within a couple days (just gotta get around to it). Just pull em off, eh? With my luck they will break.... but oh well.

16. dogfriend

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Starbug @ Jun 25 2007, 10:00 PM) [snapback]468099[/snapback]</div>

I recommend the tin foil hat even after you remove the rings - you can never be too careful. Plus, it has the added benefit that other drivers will keep their distance from you when they notice it. :)

You can see the full size photo of the avatar on Dingo's page in my signature. Actually I caught her in mid yawn, but it does look like she is laughing.

17. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dogfriend @ Jun 26 2007, 07:19 AM) [snapback]468230[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: Yes, can't be too careful. And it will also prevent tailgaters; sweet! :lol: OMG, LOL....

Awww, Dingo's so cute! Love all those pics. My dog's so old now that the most she does is cause everybody to trip on her......she's nearly deaf, nearly blind, old & sleepy, arthritic, and big. But well-loved.

18. dogfriend

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  19. ohershey

ohershey New Member

Ooh Beooteeful! :D

Can't do black - Too damn hot and dusty where I live. Congratulations!

I'm keeping the trim rings - as a mounting surface for protective saucer shields.

Have lots of fun!

20. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dogfriend @ Jun 26 2007, 08:22 AM) [snapback]468270[/snapback]</div>
    Awww, your Penny is cute! My poor old dog is soooo abused by both my cat (see avatar) and my neighbor's cat (long-haird version of mine, same age). They always attack her and beat up her tail (cat: OMG, her tail moved! Kill it! *pounce*). Dog gets tons of sympathy wherever she goes (she thrives off that). :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mad Hatter @ Jun 26 2007, 10:32 AM) [snapback]468393[/snapback]</div>
    Thank you! I'm loving my prius so much.

Although not too hot for black over here, it is too full of green pollen and mud! My other car is black, and it gives me fits trying to keep it clean. But a washed & waxed black car looks very sexy, so I don't regret my color choice. B)

OMG, I like the racing saucers on that thread link! I'm tempted to try it....