1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I finally got mine!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by DetPrius, Jul 8, 2009.

1. DetPrius

DetPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    First I want to thank everyone on this site for all of the information, which has helped make me a more informed consumer. I asked my salesman where the DVD was and he had a surprised look on his face. I had to explain that it came with a DVD and we found it. I've also told him many more things I've learned here that he didn't know.

It is a Blue Ribbon Metallic pkg III, which the kids have named Blue Angel, but we will call it Angel. I only drove home from the dealership and it has to pretty much sit for 5 days as I'm on call for work and can't stray far from home. I know, it's frustrating but it will give me time to read the manuals.

The dealership had no problem setting the reverse beep to "once" but would not set the tires to 40/38 for liability reasons.

The car doesn't feel like a total mystery (my first Prius) as I've read so much on this site.

It has Bridgestone tires and had 6 miles on the odo.

One question: I thought I saw someone somewhere on a thread say that there is a LED light that lights up the shift knob. I see what appears to be a small light between the two front "dome" lights but it doesn't light up when I approach the drivers door. The other lights in the car do come on when I approach. Is this shift knob light only on higher models or am I imagining that I heard this somewhere?

I'll post more when I get to drive it a bit more.

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congratulations! I can't answer your question about the shift knob LED because my car hasn't arrived yet. Hope you get some time to drive around in it before to long.

3. DetPrius

DetPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I got the LED answer... when you turn on the parking lights, the shift knob is lit up by the overhead LED, which I'm sure others who have their car have already seen this.

4. kenbhawes

kenbhawes New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Got mine last Friday after a wait of only a week! I think we got lucky. It's a II, Barcelona Red. We received it with 5 miles on the odometer and 5 days later has 95 (not a whole lot). But, we love it so far and are looking forward to many years of happy driving!

5. wave_slider

wave_slider New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congrats! I hope I can get mine this week. If not, probably going to be next week since the car just got to the pier.

6. MaryL

MaryL New Member

Model:
    IV
    Congrats! I have a dog that looks exactly like your picture.

Question...why 1 beep? and...how long did you wait?

Newbie waiting

7. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    My dog said to thank you, that's actually his picture I don't look anywhere near that good. He's a "pet rescue" dog I've had for 7 years now, some kind of healthy mixed breed I think.

If you mean the "Beeps once" option for the reverse beeper It's because there is not a no beep option. With Beeps once selected it only beeps one time when you first put it in R; the default option is "Beeps repeatedly" which most of us think is very obnoxious. Some have even said the continuous beeper covers sounds outside the car, such as screams etc, so it may be unsafe. It only beeps inside the car so it serves no real purpose except to annoy you.

With the Gen II Prius the owner could turn on or off the reverse beeper or seat belt buzzer. Now the dealer must do it and unfortunately some of them refuse, others try to charge for it!

8. wvgasguy

wvgasguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    In my HH the LED light is very dim and almost undetectable UNTILL you first notice it then you can't miss it. I don't know that it is actually needed for the shifter, which is where it is pointed, but at night, it's so dim it doesn't bother you, yet it is bright enough that if you place a map or something else under it, it illuminates rather nicely. I am surprised you can't turn it on and off though.