1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I found a rattle, but I need your help

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by phoenixgreg, Nov 6, 2010.

1. phoenixgreg

phoenixgreg Senior member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I had a friend drive my car while I was in the rear hatch area trying to find a bad rattle. I discovered that it is inside a large plastic panel just where the rear window wiper motor would be. I'm sure if I could safely remove this large panel, I could find out what the rattle is and quiet it.

Does anyone know how to remove this panel? Are there some hidden bolts or screws? I don't want to force-pry it off if that is not the proper way to remove it. I'd sure rather do this myself than go thru the dealer rigmarole.

Thanks - here's a picture of the panel I'm referring to:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
  3. phoenixgreg

phoenixgreg Senior member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thank you cproaudio! I would not have thought to look at that thread for my problem, but sure enough, Snake Doctor has done just what I will need to do. Luckily, I only need to extract the middle panel (as shown in his first photo). I see 5 clips and maybe the edges somehow connect so I will follow his advice and gently pry that panel off.
    I will post back here when I've solved the rattle.

Thanks again.