1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I Give Up...

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by donee, Dec 15, 2007.

1. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi Danny,

I give up. This board is just totally unreliable. It just eat another post. What is with the short post writting timeout?!

Besides that, when clicking into the a forum, its not up-to-date. One has to reload to get the present board info.

Beside that, one needs to reply to a post to get the message to post. One cannot just use the button on the lower left without the post gettting trashed.

Besides that, what is with the Log - Out, I have never had to use it before the damn board just kicks me out anyway. Which usually happens after typing something for 10 minutes, and I go to post. Then it asks me to login, when I ALREADY AM LOGGED IN!!!!! When I relog, all the typing is GONE!!!!

You need that time out to be at least 24 hours.

2. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, it's getting frustrating. I've found some success in using refresh constantly, and in posting just one line, then going back to edit it to add the rest. Less than ideal, to be sure, but...

3. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Donee,

Why the new thread for this? Is your frustration level so high that you intend to leave?

The recent change has brought some frustrations -- I don't understand why we need to refresh just to see the newest postings in a thread -- and it is taking some time to get used to. Still, I think PC is a great place to be. I have learned more about my Prius in the past few months than I had in the four years before I joined when I'd been looking (and not buying) the Prius. IF ONLY I'd come here first.

Now a question: Do you (does anyone) know if some of these issues are bugs that will be worked out or are just changes we'll need to live with?

4. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The posts are not necessarily getting eaten. They are just not showing up on the thread. On my system (IE 6 XP Pro) I have to click on refresh to see new posts in a thread, including mine.

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I can not address the time-out issue. But I know that in order to address some other issues members have reported, Danny has been working on the cookies. This is was what has been causing the "refresh" issue. Once I deleted my PriusChat cookie and logged back in, I've not had to hit [reload] again to see new posts.

Give that a try.

Donnee,
    It's been fun and I'm sorry you've gotten so frustrated. We'll miss your input and replies. Good luck on your future boards.

6. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Try clicking the box on the log-in that says remember me on this computer. It worked for me.

7. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Try one or more of these things:
    without deleting cookies. Edit your cookies file to set the
    timeout for the priuschat stuff WAY up, like a value of 1999999999,
    and then fire up the browser and reconnect to PC. See if you
    don't stay logged in for the next 30 years.
    Turn off javascript/activeX/whatever.
    _H*

8. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  9. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm still having issues. I have to reset Safari before I can sign in, every time, and long PMs vanish when I try to send them. I've snarfed all the cookies I can find, reset, rebooted - same results. Short PMs and posts are fine, but anything longer than a few minutes typing, or even short notes with any kind of interruption, are gone. I'm going back to email, and will keep the posts short and sweet. Which is too bad, because I'd like to contribute more than smart retorts to two words.

10. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm sick and tired of having posts disappear on me. I just spent 15 minutes carefully selecting quotes, responding thoughtfully, and providing some reasonable solutions. Hit the post button, and it's gone. That's it, I'm done with the attempts at eloquence.

11. jammin012

jammin012 The man behind The Man

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I've found doing the post in Word and then pasting them to the Reply easier sometimes. AND THERE'S A SPELL CHECKER

12. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Are you still using Safari? It's not much of a browser. Have you considered Firefox?

Tom

13. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So, what you're telling me, Tom - and nicely, I might add - is that it's the nut behind the wheel that's the problem. You'll be happy to know firefox is now installed on one out of three, and we'll see how it goes. Thanks.

14. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We call those PEBCAK errors.

Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard :typing:

15. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    In Safari's defense, it's a lot more compliant with W3 standards. I have and use Firefox because a lot of sites are poorly made and you need a "sloppy" browser to parse them. I have few problems with PriusChat using Safari.

16. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Actually, I've had very few problems using safari from the computer at home. It's the one at work running explorer that gives me the most trouble. Maybe I'll try firefox there while nobody's looking. :ranger:

17. Jack66

Jack66 Kinda Jovial Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I feel your pain! Last week I felt compelled to compose my best post to date and it was promptly lost because I lost network connectivity.

TIP: Now I hit CTR+C to copy long posts before I hit "submit" just in case...