1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I got a call to take another color

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by aljorma, Sep 17, 2008.

1. aljorma

aljorma New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Well I got the call BUT it wasn't to tell me my car was in. My salesman left me a voice mail. He wants to know if I'll take another color. I haven't gotten back to him yet. I'm curious what color, PKG and of course how much. I'll call tonight.

With oil prices falling, the Economy a big question mark; could make Prius selling a little more difficult.

2. GT in PA

GT in PA New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    No matter what package, oil prices or anything else... you will never have any trouble selling a Prius. When it comes down to it, the only real question is whether or not you like the color.

GT

3. Tweev

Tweev New Member

I assume that was a joke! I think that's what Realtor told homebuyers the last 5 years and is what got us into this mess.

A Prius is a luxury good, not a necessity and therefore, it's price can certainly come down.

4. GT in PA

GT in PA New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Nope, wasn't joking. Luxury item or not and I surely did not say that the price would not come down (as most cars do depreciate). I still believe that you will not have a problem selling a Prius anytime in the near future. Making money wasn't the reason I bought my Prius but it is nice to know how well it has managed to keep it's value. Tweev, please forgive me for giving my opinion to the OP. :confused:

GT

5. Tweev

Tweev New Member

Sorry, I just didn't understand your comment. Of course, it'll always be possible to sell a Prius - it's also possible to sell a house at a 30% loss - so I don't get your point.

With the exception of the last 6 months, I think it naive to think that a Prius will retain it's value any better than any other car. In fact, with the Prius about to go to Gen 3 - and the Honda Insight coming out, I think one could make a fairly soilid arguement that a second generation Prius bought now would lose it's value faster than say a 2009 new model Matrix.

That's my opion to the OP.

6. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Look at Consumer Reports and the Blue Book. The Prius retains its value better than anything else on the market right now. Even when something better comes along (and I have no doubt something will), the Gen. 2 Prius is still better than just about everything else on the road, so we'll still see a high demand.

7. aljorma

aljorma New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Well the color their offering me is Pine Mica with the same PKG 2. My wife doesn't want it. So anyone want a Pine Mica Green touring try getting this one. I don't understand how the dealership ordering process works. Why would they get that color before my Silver. He said he had no idea when or where my order is in terms of when I'll be getting it.

8. fgoodyear

fgoodyear New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have a PIne Mica 2007 PKG 6 with a dark gray leather interior. Don't discount it until you see it. I wasn't sure either. Ours was ordered with the bisque color interior but I'm very glad it came in with the gray. It looks much better. BTW... I don't care for ANY of the cloth interiors. Looks cheap. The main thing I DON'T like is that the touring wasn't and still isn't available with a package 6 in the New Jersey/New York region. Who are the suits in the office to tell the consumer what they want when the same thing is available in other parts of the same country. AAGH..... but don't get me started... I still wanted a loaded Touring:cool:

2007 Prius PKG 6 Loaded Pine Mica (not touring)
    2008 Camry Hybrid Loaded Metallic Blue

9. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Go take a look at it before you rule it out. We have a silver Pine Mica 07 with gray interior and both love it. It is my wife's favorite color of them all and we have had many, many complements on it. I wouldn't say that it is a rare color, but there usually aren't near as many available as the other colors. When we bought ours last year Prius-es were plentiful. Out of the 32 that the dealer had on the lot, there was only one SPM and we got it.

Don't rule it out till you check it out.

10. jelloslug

jelloslug It buffed right out!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    They have no control over what they get. Since Priuses are in high demand some dealers are lucky to get any at all.

11. drytoast

drytoast New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Re: I got a call to take another color

Also could've been someone's car that was ordered in the past, but they decided not to get it for some reason. Same happened to me - another color was available in the same package, but I wanted to hold out for the color I really wanted - Magnetic Grey. =)

12. Freedom

Freedom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I wanted only ONE color, no second choice.

Got a phone call for a Spectra Blue (which would have been my 2d choice, except I have owned a blue car once). Told them no thanks, would wait for MY color.

I am SO happy with Carmine!!!!:D