1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I got a "rolling code" when setting up the prius with...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by bluemoonseller, Aug 22, 2007.

1. bluemoonseller

bluemoonseller Junior Member

I got a "rolling code" when setting up the prius with the Chamberlain 3-Button Remote Control
    Model 953D, when i tried the rolling code method it still doesn't work. Does anyone have a similar problem?

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What now? Link to the product?

3. jarrett_gorin

jarrett_gorin New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bluemoonseller @ Aug 22 2007, 07:38 PM) [snapback]500766[/snapback]</div>
    I have programmed five (5) different models/makes of cars to successfuly operate my rolling code garage door (which is made by Chamberlain) using their Johnson Controls Homelink Universal Transmitters (which is what is in the Prius).

If you can be more descriptive about what you have attempted, and more descriptive than "it doesn't work", I may be able to help resolve your issue. For example, which part of the process "doesn't work" (i.e. Prius won't accept code from transmitter, Homelink gets code, but won;t operate door opener)?

Provide some more detail and I will do my best to help you.

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I had a problem setting up the Homelink with my parent's Genie garage door opener. I followed the instructions, but it didn't work. By looking at the garage door opener's manual, I found there was a second method. I used that and it worked the first time.

I'm in the process of changing my old opener with a new one. The old one had a fixed code and was easy to program. The new one has the rolling code and I hope I'll be able to program it like the one at my parents.