1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I got her!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bredekamp, May 4, 2007.

1. bredekamp

bredekamp Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hi all,

Got my 2006 white Prius today. It's a demo with 30 000km on the odo. The dealer delivered it to my place of work, then I just had to give the driver a lift back. It's about 60km on highway. FUN!
    Funny thing though, the MFD was in SWEDISH or FINNISH. Not sure. Anyway, I asked them to change it to ENGLISH, but the guy who knew the Prii at the dealership wasn't there. So I decided to dig. I managed to change to english, but I still cannot tell you where I found the setting. The manual was no bloody help by the way.

Some annoyances:
    Dealer overfilled the crankcase, bout 1cm above the 2nd pip. I queried this....
    There's a rattle in the dashboard. I'll forgive this one because I just love this car so much. :lol: I'll ask Toyota to have a look at the next service.

Speaking of service, my service booklet is blank. Wth! :blink: I queried this too. These are minor things, but I believe one should make mention of it. The dealer musn't think you're a pushover, otherwise they try to get away with more and more.

The car had a skuff/minor ding on the bumper when I test drove it. Whoever fixed it did a teriffic job. When I arrived home there was a pickup parked in the road. My neigbour was having his roof fixed or somethin. The owner of the pickup came over to chat. He thought the Prius looked:"Sexy". I showed him the interior and he was impressed. Also, at a stoplight some kids in the back of a car was pointing and smiling.

In conclusion I just want to say that the JBL soundsystem is F$CKIN awesome! I'll post a photo soon if you like. It's dark out now. Can't take one.

2. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Albertus @ May 4 2007, 12:22 PM) [snapback]435461[/snapback]</div>
    Wow congratulations! I would like to see a pic! I believe that you can find the language setting by hitting the "info" button on the MFD. Congrats again!

3. bredekamp

bredekamp Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    First impressions;

Initialy I found the accelerator pedal too small. Then I realised it was more flat than my BMWs pedal. The accelerator pedal in my BMW was allmost straight up. The Prius pedal is more flat. I just had to adjust my foot, placing my heel further back. Fine now.

I have never had a car with a foot operated parking brake. Initialy I was like:" Where the hell is it?" Poking around underneath with my foot. Now I got it.

I feel like DeeDee in Dexters Lab. "Oooh what does this button do?" Reading the manual now....

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Welcom, fellow used Prius buyer! We also, chose to save $$ that way. Got our '04 in '04 ~ with 10K miles already clocked. Not even broken in, if I dare say.

5. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm glad you like one of the best cars ever built.

I enjoy mine more and more... but it has also forced me to start taking the bus instead of driving (which is good thing)

/Robert

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congrats, Albertus!

For the record, it's okay if you want to sleep in it tonight. But if you do, you might want to keep it to yourself. ;)

7. daveleeprius

daveleeprius Heh heh heh you think so?

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Albertus @ May 4 2007, 11:30 AM) [snapback]435465[/snapback]</div>
    My foot falls off the accel pedal at least once every time I drive our Prius. Makes me think I should wear bigger shoes!

Dave - planning a road trip this weekend and looking forward to it!!