1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I got my Prius in 3 months!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by journeygirl1, Oct 15, 2004.

1. journeygirl1

journeygirl1 New Member

I put my name on the Prius list on 7/31/04 for a package #9 (now package #6). I got the call yesterday that I can pick it up next week! I am not getting my first color choice (black), but I am getting used the idea of a silver one. The dealership (in Elizabethtown, KY) told me the wait was 4-5 months...in reality it was less than three!! And, to top that, I am getting special pricing as a AAA member...3% over invoice! That would be the ONLY way to get a "deal" on a Prius right now, to be sure.

Thanks for all your good advice on this site.

-=Amber =-

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow Amber, 3% over invoice is a GREAT deal if they really agree to that. Congratulations on that.

BTW, just out of curiosity, do you know or know of Lynn Farmer? He's a photographer over in Lebanon, Ky...not too far from you I think.

3. journeygirl1

journeygirl1 New Member

Lynn Farmer

When I presented by AAA certificate (printed online), I expected them to give me some resistance. "Oh, the Prius isn't included in this discount," or something like that. They gladly took it, and put it in my file for use when I actually purchase. I printed an extra copy, just in case the original got "lost."

I don't know a Lynn Farmer, unfortunately. Lebanon in at least 1.25 hrs from LaGrange. I may run into him sometime...I am a bit of an armchair photographer myself.

-=Amber=-

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco\";p=\"45324)</div>

4. kettledrum

kettledrum Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That's *very* interesting information. It would be well worth it to get an AAA membership if a dealer would honor that price... I think I will have to look into that further. :D

Does anyone else have any expereince with this or even hear of it?

5. Robert Taylor

Robert Taylor New Member

I cannot find where to print this discount certificate on AAA, although I am a member and I am searching the AAA website.

How to find?

Thanks[font=Courier New:34c1739db2] [/font:34c1739db2] </span><span style=\'color:black\'>

6. journeygirl1

journeygirl1 New Member

Don't pay MSRP! AAA Discount

From the AAA website home page, look for the headers at the top: My AAA, Join/Review, Automotive, Travel, et.al.

1. Click Automotive, then Locate & Buy My Car.
    2. Input your ZIP code and the distance you'd like to find a dealership.
    3. Input Toyota in the third drop box. and click "Find Dealers".
    4. The next screen will list ADDITIONAL perks to AAA membership that the dealer will provide (mine list free floor mats or oil changes).
    5. Click "Get a Quote"
    6. Select the year, Toyota, and Prius in drop boxes. Click"Continue".
    7. Select the body type (should be only one in the 2005 model) and Continue.
    8. Fill in your personal info. Have your AAA member number handy. Click "Generate Certificate".
    9. Print certificate from next screen.

Please let me know if you have trouble with this! Glad to help!

-=Amber=-
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Dr. Amber D Sapp, PharmD
    LaGrange KY
    2005 Silver #6

7. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Huh. I wish I had known about this before picking up my Prius on Friday. I don't suppose that they'd give me back my money now...