1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I got my Prius V

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by ja4fun, Feb 27, 2014.

1. ja4fun

ja4fun Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    :) I love this car already! I really could care less about the environment, but DOUBLE MY OLD GAS MILEAGE IS AWESOME!!!!
    I was looking round and round and test drove some new ones and almost bought a 2013 V two but then found out the previous owner was a smoker. Plus it was at a Toyota dealer and the price wasn't that different than a new one.
    The one I ended up buying was a 2012 Prius V two white, 21,100 miles, $19,545.
    Right away I've been averaging 44.xx miles per gallon. I think my size might affect the mpg but it hasn't that I know of. Im 6ft 6in tall 300 lbs. Plus with my 3 kids in the car I don't see a huge difference.

OK what do I need to know about the 2012's that might be a problem.

Also, I can be in ECO mode or hit ECO mode a 2nd time and be in no or regular mode. What's the difference?

2. catgic

catgic Mastr & Commandr Hybrid Guru

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    JA4Fun - Re: ECO Mode versus "in no or regular mode (i.e. Normal Mode)" versus PWR Mode (which I call "Afterburner" Mode). These three modes adjust the "Fly By Wire" foot throttle pedal mapping. The ECO Mode helps those with a "Lead Foot," and also affects operation of the Electric Air Conditioner to make it drain less electrical energy from the Traction Battery, thereby, helping improve running fuel economy.