1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I got no power!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jharris, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Jharris

Jharris New Member

I just tried starting my 2008 Prius, but it won't go.

At first, I thought it was the remote battery going dead. I noticed a tiny red light flash on the remote when I pressed its unlock button.

But I put the remote in the slot by the steering wheel, toggled the little "Key" button way under the steering wheel (ie, tried both positions), and still could not get it to start. Also none of the interior lights would come on.

Any idea about what the problem is? Thanks!

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The red flash indicates that the fob battery is good. The key (Smart Key System) button does not matter when inserting the fob in the slot, so this sounds like a dead 12V battery. Do you have a voltmeter to check?

Call a Toyota dealer for a jump or a tow. As with most modern cars if the polarity of the jump is reversed it can do $hundreds worth of damage.

3. Jharris

Jharris New Member

Thanks for the info.

4. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You may be able to get the car to boot up after the 3rd try or so. If not, try to charge it using the posts under the hood or jump it. If you get it running go directly to the dealer.