1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I got t-boned will only go in neutral

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by donalmilligan089, May 31, 2010.

1. donalmilligan089

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    :confused:After being hit in passenger side rear door above rocker panel and flattening right rear tire Car will only go in neutral, Both curtain ar bags and passenger seat bags deployed. No one hurt except My pride. Wht does all dash lites come on ( red triangle) no code, New yellow top 12 volt ,full gas tank. Help!

2. Flaninacupboard

Flaninacupboard Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I believe the hybrid system will shut down during such accidents. it will need towing to a dealer for repair.

The car is probably written off in any case.

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm sorry to say you probably have a lawn ornament. Somewhere I read that airbag deployment isolates the HV battery.

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I"m sorry to hear about your accident but happy that everyone's okay. The Prius did exactly what it's supposed to do: it kept everyone inside safe an shut down the hybrid system upon airbag deployment.

Yes, Jim's correct. The Toyota dealer will need to reset the vehicle. Any time the airbags deploy, the hybrid system is physically disengaged. This is a safety feature and the reason all those people claiming that first responders should fear for their lives are full of it.

Good luck with the dealer and getting your car fixed.