1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I had forgotten to turn it off

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by parnami, Nov 16, 2011.

1. parnami

parnami Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I finally test drove a v yesterday and was quite pleased. The controls seemed pretty intuitive, good ride, switching from electric to gas power seamless. Everything was great! It was only after I got home that I remembered I hadn't turned it off when I got out. This could be a problem!

My question: is there a backup procedure that turns the car off if you forget? For instance, if I get out and lock the doors, is the car smart enough to know it shouldn't be running? Living in Philly, I never forget to lock the doors to my cars. I do fear I'll leave it running making it an easy target for philadelphians to "borrow".:confused:

2. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    The car will not let you lock it if it is still "running". It will give you three loud beeps no matter if you try to use the door switch, the door handle, or the remote.

In over one year of ownership, I've left mine on once. I parked at loud, busy street festival and couldn't hear it warning me as I walked away chasing one of my excited kids. Came back about an hour later to find it had burned about a PIP's worth of gas with lights, a/c, and stereo all on. :doh:Luckily, I live in a pretty safe area.

1 person likes this.
  3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    All Prius automatically turn off when they run out of gas.

;)

Tom