1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

i hae 2009 prius with fob (black logo)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by dr.mohammed, Oct 6, 2010.

1. dr.mohammed

dr.mohammed New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    hello
    i bought toyota prius 2009 but its come with one fob with black logo in the back,its can turn on the car but the smart key option is not working and its not able to lock and unlock the doors.
    is there any way to programming the fob to activate the remote function so i can lock and unlock the doors ??
    i dont have the master key
    thank you

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The fob with the black Toyota logo is for non-Smart equipped vehicles.

If in fact your car is equipped with the Smart system I suggest that you buy a new (not used) Smart fob and have your local dealer program the car to recognize the fob. This process incl the fob usually costs ~$300 to $400 in the US and will allow you to benefit from full Smart functionality. Good luck.

3. dr.mohammed

dr.mohammed New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    thank you for replying
    my prius is equipped with the smart system but the original fob is lost,i bought this one and its only can turn on the car now,
    i just need it to lock and unlock the doors, is that possible ??

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You can use it to start the car, but not unlock the doors. You will need a new SKS key and dealer programming for that.

Tom