1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I hate dealers

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Goin2drt, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Goin2drt

Goin2drt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    They are so frustrating. Thought I would vent, it makes me feel better.

So I was needing to take in the wife's Prius for the free 5,000 service. Call to get an appointment. Ask the guy on the phone how long it will take. He says "its a basic oil change so it will only take 45 to 1 hour". Perfect I show up at the dealer (where I bought it) at my appointment time. The person helping me says will you be waiting or dropping off. To my reply I will wait. "ok sir it will be 2 - 2.5 hours" Are you kidding me. So I leave as I have to be somewhere. Strike one the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.

Next weekend I call a closer dealer. This time I plan on dropping it off so the same thing doesn't happen. This time when I drop it off I ask for the 5K service and to de-activate the rear beeping. This dealer tells me they will do the service HOWEVER the service doesn't include an oil change as Toyota says every 10K miles. (funny how the other dealer said there was an oil change) So the 5K service is a tire rotation and vehicle inspection. So now you are telling me a tire rotation and inspection takes 2-2.5 hours, WOW! Strike 2.

Now when I go get it and pick it up, guess what? They didn't do the reverse beeping as only the service manager knows how to do that and none of the techs there are able. Service manager is only in Mon-Fri.

I swear I know why people hate dealing with dealers so much. BTW both dealers owned by the same person/company yet two completely different stories.

2. milkman44

milkman44 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Maybe someone close to you with a Carista App will come along and help you out. It's so easy to turn off the reverse beep with the App that anyone can do it in less than five minutes.

3. Goin2drt

Goin2drt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Oh that would be so awesome. My wifey would be so happy.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    couldn't agree with you more. the free service is so frustrating, it's not worth what you pay for it. i'd rather spend a few hundred with my local mechanic for the oil changes and tyre rotates.