1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I hate ONE Camry commercial

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bwilson4web, Sep 5, 2017.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    At first, I thought the commercial was about another annoying cell phone or service. First impression, the singer sounded like he had studied at the Gibert Gottfried school of music which is what got me to look up. The second time it played, "Queen" who was never one of my favorite groups. Who in their right mind thought that song and singer was a good sales technique? Then the last lyric was "... at the speed of light" and I learned it was about the Camry. Wth!

I like the Camry and hope to test drive the hybrid (even if I have to drive our Prime a couple of hundred miles to find one.) But that commercial, did someone, a "Queen" fan, have out-takes from an AT&T/Verizon and Samsung commercial laying about?

Bob Wilson

2. hkmb

hkmb Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't know whether this will be geoblocked in the US, but I'll give it a try.... It's an Australian Camry ad from 2013, and I did like it: it took the Camry's biggest perceived weakness and played on it.

RCO and Mark57 like this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    music is personal, but toyota ads have always left me wanting.
    that being said, i believe it is very difficult to make a good car ad, effectiveness being another matter.

4. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Save the huge cost of advertising and give me a huge discount off my next car!!!

bisco and Prodigyplace like this.
  5. pilotgrrl

pilotgrrl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I liked the Super Bowl ads for the Prius, but I'm still stuck on "who could ask for anything more" as far as Toyota taglines. Probably because my phone is my TV.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

RCO likes this.