1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I HATE THIS CAR

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Kipper, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Kipper

Kipper New Member

I have a 2001 Prius that I've owned for abot 2 months and was getting between 47 and 51 mpg . Three weeks ago I was rear ended and off to the Toyata dealers body shop it went. Since, Ive been driving a rented 2007 Chrysler PT Guzzler and getting around 20 to a empty my bank account 21 mpgs. Its loud, and I can say I like nothing about that car. I cant wait to get my beloved Prius back . :( .

2. samiam

samiam Antipodean Prius Poster

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    You know the title of your post probably got half of the readers of this forum reaching for their mouse with accelerating heart rates...
    :lol:
    But here's hoping you get your prius back soon

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    lol.. indeed haha.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get your Prius back soon!

4. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(samiam @ Aug 14 2007, 08:45 PM) [snapback]495742[/snapback]</div>
    Maybe not with tachycardia, but I was reaching for my mouse and the letters T, R, O, L, & L on the keyboard. ;)

Good luck, Kipper!

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    yeah, i was in an avenger for a few days last week, unfortunately we had to take it on a 75 mile round trip one of those days. OUCH.

good luck, you'll appreciate the prius much more when it gets back.

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(samiam @ Aug 14 2007, 07:45 PM) [snapback]495742[/snapback]</div>
    For reasons I'd rather not go into, I've had a twitchy mouse finger for the last 24 hours. I just got home and decided to log in and this is the first title I see.

You got me. You got me good.

Sometimes you have to be thrown back into the Dark Ages to appreciate what you've got. Or in Plato's Republic you would be the equvilant of the Enlightened Man being cast back into the cave after being exposed to the light.

Here's hoping for a speedy return.

7. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You got me as wel :D

I drove 94 Honda Accord on weekends and I mess my Prius as well

8. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, clearly the right thing to do is go out and hypermile that POS
    and report your results! Bet you can get well over old EPA on that
    thing with the right footwork, and those same lessons can easily
    plow right back into your prius when you get it back.
    _H*

9. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Leave it to Hobbit to make sense and provide a worthwhile endeavor. Actually, it sounds like a challenge!!

10. ZA_Andy

ZA_Andy Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Being in a 2-car household where the other car is a PT Cruiser, I'm surprised at your MPG. Mine (actually my wife's) does around 24 city and 26 highway - which is hardly spectacular, but not as awful as it could be. Even so, when she was due to make a recent trip to the beach for a few days, we decided it was actually cheaper to make TWO trips in the Prius than ONE in her car - up until that point she'd regarded my choice of new car with a certain amount of puzzlement!

11. edselpdx

edselpdx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Last fall, Enterprise made me drive a Taurus land yacht for a week. Thought I was gonna shoot myself. Good luck in getting your new baby back soon and in perfect shape.

12. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The fist and only time I rented a PT Cruiser I nearly couldn't get out of the lot because it took me forever to find the stupid window switches on the center stack. The wagon form factor is versatile but the execution is **** poor...easily the most underpowered car I've driven.

I've rented a Taurus, too. (Hasn't everybody?) Its redeeming quality was a fuel consumption display and 30mpg over the couple of days I had it.

13. onlynark

onlynark Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I was about to type out "Dont let the door hit you on the way." But I know how you feel. Its completely different to now drive a regular car versus a hybrid (I dont own a prius, HCH all the way for me). The breaking and the regular auto trans feeling is now weird (I am currently on a business trip and have to drive a regular car).

14. doubleg2005

doubleg2005 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brick @ Aug 15 2007, 07:04 PM) [snapback]496523[/snapback]</div>
    Have you driven a Yaris liftback??
    B)

15. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    When the PT Cruiser first came out, I was really interested in it since I loved how it looked. Then the reviews came out...

16. Malarkey

Malarkey New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Also have a PT and I really like it, but I waited till 2003 and bought the GT, which had some decent option packages.. and the turbocharged engine. I really wish the Prius had that kind of acceleration, but wouldn't trade all the gadgets back for it :) Also wish the Prius had the PT's seats as they are more comfortable.

Having said that, when I bought the Prius we had a week where we were down one car (a PT that we sold) and when my wife got a rental until the Prius was delivered she was given a rental PT. It sucked, bad. Clearly a base model, and it was sad to me that the 2007 non turbo was so underpowered.

17. Kipper

Kipper New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(doubleg2005 @ Aug 16 2007, 11:06 AM) [snapback]496879[/snapback]</div>
    No, how is the Yaris?

18. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nope, haven't driven a Yaris.

19. doubleg2005

doubleg2005 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i might be in the minority, but i really like the exterior design of the Yaris liftback. however, once I got inside, it felt every bit as small as it looked (unlike the Nissan Versa or the Honda Fit which are "huge" inside). beyond that, everything just looked cheap!

performance-wise, it was just terrible... it might have been because the A/C was on (come on, i live in Texas... it's hot and humid) but when I pressed the gas, i could hear the RPM's go up but the car wasn't moving... waaaaaay too underpowered!

personally, i was just about sold on the Yaris until I actually drove it and the test-drive was the deal-breaker (specifically it's lack of power... even for a small car)

20. acdii

acdii Active Member

When the MFD stopped working and I had to drive a loaner for two days, I had a crap, er corolla instead, I was not liking of that car either, couldn't wait to get my Prius back.