1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I have a 2018 PriusV High coolant temperature warning light flash a few times and then disappeared

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Tong PriusV, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Tong PriusV

Tong PriusV New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    When I was driving on the freeway, I saw the High coolant temperature warning light flash a few times and then disappeared. Then I refilling the coolant. But it happened again.If it is a cooling system problem, why does it always happen after driving all day. And it disappeared after a few flashes. Everything works fine after that. Has anyone else had the same problem?

2. Dharma1212

Dharma1212 New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hi Tony, I have the same issue currently. Did you ever find out what the issue was?

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    A 2018 Prius v is mechanically more-or-less the same as a 3rd gen Prius. What's your "2018 Prius", a regular, hatchback-style 4th gen Priu?

4. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    No 2018 v’s were sold in the US. The title came from a 2019 post. By chance yesterday @Darma’s is asking the question about his 2018 Prius.

In most cases high temps are caused by failing water pumps which still push enough coolant at low loads. If you have to refill the coolant as the original member stated, there is a leak somewhere or the system got so hot the reservoir pressure relief cap opened..

Mendel Leisk likes this.