1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I have codes u0073 u0123 u0124 u0126 and u0293. What's going on? Can I fix this myself?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Ben2, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Ben2

Ben2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I took my car to get it scanned at AutoZone because my check engine light went on. My gas cap was also not on (which I'm pretty sure is why the light went on) Is there a simple fix to this problem? Thank you! I haven't noticed any issues with how it's running or driving.

2. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    yes, put the cap back on.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Those are all codes that indicate some ECU in the car can't communicate with some other ECU in the car.

When there are a bunch of them, it may indicate some electrical issue common to all of them, which could turn out to be easy to fix.

Many of those same codes can be reported by more than one ECU. For example, U0293 always means "hey, I can't communicate with the power management control ECU", but who is "I" in that sentence? It's whichever ECU is saying U0293.

So the best information to post here would be the list of codes as shown in a health check in Techstream, or a similar scan tool that properly groups the codes by which ECUs they came from.

4. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Get your 12 V battery and it's charging voltage tested.
    Auto Zone does that too.