1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I have to ask!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TurkeyButt, May 16, 2007.

1. TurkeyButt

TurkeyButt New Member

Okay, I am new in the Prius world... and I have NO CLUE what you guys are talking about when it comes to "driving it the proper way"... Please explain this to me. I get that you are trying to get your maximum gas mileage but I have no clue how you are doing it! :mellow:

Thanks for helping a lost newbie out!

Julie

2. mpgFanatic

mpgFanatic New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TurkeyButt @ May 16 2007, 07:33 AM) [snapback]443199[/snapback]</div>
    Check the "Fuel Economy" forum and especially the sticky topics at the top of that forum. That should be more information than ever wanted.

3. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Probably the most important thing to learn about driving your Prius the 'proper way' is to avoid jackrabbit starts and stops - if you're approaching a stop sign, don't accelerate and then jam on the brakes, just lift your foot off the gas pedal and let the car slow down. I think if other cars showed the gas consumption like the 'consumption' screen on the MFD, most people would learn not to waste so much gas.

I've never been the jackrabbit start/stop type, but that 'consumption' screen quickly taught me that I could I could be more conservative in both starting and stopping without being a traffic hazard.

4. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius