1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I have to tell somebody, I'm so excited!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ekc, Nov 10, 2004.

1. ekc

ekc New Member

I just picked up my Millennium Silver 2005 BC Friday and I don't remember ever loving a car this much...Talk about a toy! So far I've put 247 mi. on it and overall have gotten 53 mpg. exactly. The grey/burgundy interior is just beautiful. It's fun to have the lady that lives in my car talk to me when I ask her to do something...and then have her do it. Although I haven't set anything map-wise yet, it has already helped me by letting me know what intersections were coming up so I could get in the right lane in plenty of time. Any apprehensions I had disappeared as soon as I started driving it, although the salesman had to chase me down the street waving and yelling frantically because it was dark and with the bright lights at the dealers, I hadn't turned on the headlights. I can't tell you how helpful you people have been to me in the 43 days it took to get the car {plus decision time}. I do notice you need to adjust the steering more often as it tends to wander somewhat.. at higher speeds. And has anyone noticed if the front of the rear armrest goes all the way down and touches the seat instead of being more level a few inches up? Thank you for listening. I can't comprehend anyone not loving this car!

2. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, & Drapanos, Crete, G
    Congratulations on your new car.

I too had noiced the rear arm rest issue, but I leave mine up all the time. As for the steering, check your tire preasures, they are probably wrong.

3. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

The steering is different but you'll get used to it. I have, at least. I keep my tires at 42/40 and that helps. I definitely notice a difference when the pressure is lower than that.

Congrats on the new car! You chose a lovely color! :)

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    [align=center:83326b4709]:partytime: Congratulations!!:partytime:[/align:83326b4709]

5. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I hear you on the steering issue. I've noticed that at highway speeds the steering becomes tighter and you need to make "corrections" more often. I used to have a car that had tight sports steering (and boy did I like it!), but it got t-boned one evening and I ended up with a car that did not have tight steering. During that time I had become lazy with the steering since it had a little more play, so when I got my Prius I had to retrain myself so as to not drift off the road. Overall, though, I'd prefer steering that's a little bit tight as opposed to steering that's way too loose and uncontrollable.

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i dont understand the steering issues here.

i frequently drive down the freeway with a minimal grip on the wheel. on straight roads i can drive with a few fingers easily as i can make all adjustments in a range fractions of an inch in size.

i don t know if its the road or the car but my steering is very tight and sensitive. the car is rock solid without a rattle of any kind.

the road noise is a bit loud but i dont really hear it much since i always have music on. but there have been times on a summer night out on road alone when i have had the radio off and its one of the quietest smoothest cars ive ever had.

7. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Woo-Hoo... welcome to the owners side....CONGRATS

Bob Andersen

8. FallingWaterRising

FallingWaterRising New Member

I recently picked up my 2005 black Prius. I've had it for about a week now. I absolutely love this vehicle. The gadgetry is amazing. I love the SKS. I had to drive a company car not too long ago and was looking for the Power button. This is funny since I've only had my Prius for a week!

9. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hehe, FallingWaterRising. :lol: I feel your pain. I rented a Prius for a 3 day road trip, and had a hard time getting used to my Blazer all over again come Monday morning. :lol: Stupid Blazer.... I want my Prius! Now! *stomps foot*

10. Batavier

Batavier Member

Ah, great to see another owner that's happy with the car. As for the armrest, my passengers love this armrest, it doesn't force your shoulder 'up' so to speak and lets your arm relax better than with an armrest that's horizontal.

11. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congratulations! Another happy customer :)
    Try to see if the car is wandering, or if you are over correcting. It does seem that (in my car) it takes very little at highway speed to correct it. I don't think I have to 'steer' as much as when I first got the car so I guess it trained me.

12. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Congrats, FallingWaterRising... that story is worth 10 points :lol:

13. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ok what i was trying to say is what Bruce said in half the words with twice the clarity...

14. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Gotta be a historical first!
    Whoa, two historical firsts in the same post!

15. FallingWaterRising

FallingWaterRising New Member

I now have 400+ mileso on my black exterior/grey interior Prius. It's a great car. I do not sense any drifting on the highways (at 30, 40, 50, 60+mph). Yes, I agree it's a light power steering which I actually like. I also have a German car with "German handling"...don't mind that either. I think it's preference. Steering in u-turns and 3-pointers are amazingly easy.

Yes, I have noticed that the center console in the rear seat area is not flush with the seat. It's a perfectly comfortable position.

I should probably check the manual but I was wondering if any of you would know...If I'm sitting in the car and walk away from it, will the engine stop running/car shut off (for those with the SKS)?

I live in the Franklin Hills/Silverlake/Los Feliz area of Los Angeles and I see more Prii in the neighborhood than anywhere else in the city. Where is everyone from here?

Thanks,

FallingWaterRising

16. FloridaShark

FloridaShark Member

I just got the call this afternoon that a car came in and I could have it.
    It is a Salsa #5. not my first choice but since I've been waiting since March 20th, I took it !!! I'm going to go and pick it later this evening.
    I can't wait .....I'll let you all know how the dealer experience goes although I'm not expecting any problems. I asked my sales person if it is MSRP and he said yes it is, and I get a dinner with the purchase.
    It all happened so fast ......I'm feeling like a little kid at Christmas.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol

17. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FallingWaterRising\";p=\"50627)</div>
    A community in the San Fernando Valley which was founded by Edgar Rice Burroughs.

8)

18. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    FallingWaterRising.

in answer to your question. if your car is running and you have SS/SE, you can get out of the car and lock it, walk away and it will still run.