1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I heard the news today...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by zzyzx, May 22, 2006.

1. zzyzx

zzyzx Junior Member

I'm not excited about car payments and I think I've been having pre-buyer's remorse ever since I ordered it, but it really is time for a new car - our two cars have a combined 300,000 miles on them - and the Prius does seem like a great car. I'm roadtripping to Wyoming (Yellowstone National Park) this weekend so I'll have a chance to test out the car a bit. I think once I start driving it, I'll start to love it.

...well or at least once I start filling the tank :)

2. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congrats on your new car - I'm sure you'll wind up loving it! I can definitely understand 'buyers remorse' - I just call it 'commitment jitters". The day I put an offer on my first house, I went out driving around that neighborhood looking for 'for sale' signs on other houses, because I was SURE I'd been too hasty in making the offer! But I got that house and loved it.

I didn't have 'jitters' about my Prius - I totalled my old car and bought a Prius off the lot 8 days later - I NEEDED a car, couldn't afford to wait weeks, and a dealer had one in an acceptable color and package at less than MSRP - I got lucky.

So have fun on your road trip to Wyoming!

3. Ed Vatza

Ed Vatza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zzyzx @ May 22 2006, 04:35 PM) [snapback]259363[/snapback]</div>
    Fully understand where you are coming from. I was in the same boat - two cars with over 260,000 miles on them. But the last thing I need is a hefty car payment. But sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. It IS a great car!

Congrats.