1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I Instlled the Coastaltech Auto Lock

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by dwp-wa, Apr 1, 2005.

1. dwp-wa

dwp-wa New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I installed the Coastaltech auto lock mechanism, and it works fine. I found the small size of the pictures to be a bit of a hindrance. It would have been better to have at least one full page picture for each of the work areas.

For Step 4, removing the gray plug from the computer, I did not have the unimpeded access shown in the picture. Perhaps this area of the 2005 is different than the 2004. With body hardware in the way, it was very hard to get the plug out, and there was little maneuvering room in which to attach the wire taps.
    The lower plug behind the kickplate had much easier access.

I was worried about the lack of an auto unlock feature, but that really does not matter, at least for the people in the front seats. The inside front door handles will open the doors, regardless whether the doors are locked or not.

2. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    If you are talking about the grey plugs at the far right side of the underdash, I think Coastal removed the whole dash for their illustrations.

Clear pictures, but not informative as to how a casual installer would accomplish the same task...