1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I Juiced up at a new Q.C. Today

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by hill, Dec 10, 2012.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Well, Blink's 2 headed monster at the So Cal Diamond Bar AQMD has been in operation for months now . . . . but I finally got a chance to be up there, and in need of a quick 15kWh's. From stop to start ... 18 minutes. Not too shabby! I liked the big ol' video screen - which happened to be boasting "30 Minutes or less" as it rotated through various messages during my photo op:

[​IMG]

Another half dozen of these around So Cal and things would be pretty sweet.

2. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Sweeeeeeeeeeet

3. Going Greener

Going Greener Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Isn't quick charging awesome :D ?! Yes, hopefully, a nicely spaced QC infrastructure can be developed throughout CA.

And, having two ports is really helpful... if a second car arrives and plugs in, it will automatically start charging when the first is done... or if one port is not working, you have another hope that the other port is :) .

4. drinnovation

drinnovation EREV for EVER!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    nice... was it free?

5. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Yes - The AQMD's got around a dozen EVSE's ranging from small & large paddles to J1771's - as well as nozzles for refueling their fleet of hydrogen and propane vehicles. Looking at the AQMD via Google maps - it looks like they've got around 200kW's of PV solar on their roofs ... so folks that stop by for a charge are getting their juice carbon free as well as money free.
    :)

SGH-I717R ? 2

drinnovation likes this.
  6. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    How often would you be comfortable doing quick charges? Doesn't Nissan caution that too many quick charges can reduce battery life?
    signed, curious george

7. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    QC charge frequency issues seem to be relate significantly to outside temps rather than the charge itself. Plus, the issue of shortening capacity turns on what level you charge up to. Lately I've been able to get by with only going up to 72% and starting no lower than 30ish %. That tends to not give much of a chance for heat to build up. From 30% to 70% usually only takes me about 12 minutes.