1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I just drove a new 2010 and

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Carnutt, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Carnutt

Carnutt Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I came away impressed. It had nice fit and finish and overall great ergonomics. The mid dash speedometer and other driver information dials were easy to read and the solar powered ventilation system worked surprisingly good. Despite the car sitting out in the sun, the ventilation allowed the a/c to work quickly and efficiently in 90+ degree weather. The car's steering had nice feel to it and was smooth and quiet. On the ECO setting, performance from start was acceptable. All in all, it was felt to be a quality and high tech. vehicle :thumb:.

2. steve44

steve44 New Member

Model:
    II
    I just drove a 2010 prius IV during a test drive in Manassas, VA. I was impressed as well. What impressed me the most is the stiffness of the vehicle during the overall drive. What I was disappointmented with was the handling when swerving (I know, you'd think they'd go hand-in-hand). That's a major concern of mine and worries me that my wife will be driving the car since she's not that great a driver anyways (don't tell her I said that). The interior of the car was very nice! Love the look of the navigation screen but we won't have that in ours. The plastic seems to be of lower quality on the doors which disappointed me but oh well. There is quite a bit more outside noise that you hear inside the car when compared with my Honda Accord. The blind spots are pretty large. That's another big concern when my wife drives. Finally, the shape of the windshield with the location of the rear view mirror make the view in front much smaller than your typical sedan (ex: Honda Accord). I think this will be OK once you get used to it. Not sure yet.
    With that said, the fuel efficiency, smooth drive, the interior looks and safety features make this the real deal and I'm looking forward to owning it.