1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I just had to go and do it...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by parrot_lady, Jan 27, 2006.

1. parrot_lady

parrot_lady Member

Tomorrow is the Chicagoland Prius group get together.

So.....

I went poking around under my car again today to find the hole and see how things fit in. I was planning on using my dads car as an example...

It took me 15 minutes to find the hole with his help on my car. we felt around and had a few questions, but it fit.

Put Lube all over the hole and all over the heater. Shoved it in.

My problem now is that I can't fit the damned f#(%#%ing Cord on the POS!

ARG! so now... hopefully... we can mark it on his car and not have this damn problem, but I can't get the cord to fit on it-- well it fits, I can't seat it fully.

*arg*

I had my laptop right out there so I was able to read through the thread and know that what we were doing was hopefully right.

The front one of the three prongs sticks up further than the back two. I know that-- and can feel that. And help on how to get it 100% of the way on now?

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Couldn't wait 24 hours and perhaps a few additional pairs of eyes would have helped figure it out. Hopefully, if you haven't gotten it yet, we can get it tomorrow.

3. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

that is the hardest part of the job. what I did, and understand the block heater was already installed on my car but you know somethings you just have to experience first hand so took it out, was once I got it started I took a hammer handle and tapped it on took about 5 taps. As there isn't a whole lot of room your not going to be able to pound it but just tap tap tap. It'll go on all the way just check after every tap to see how your doing.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yours isn't screwed up, just not completely installed. Hang in there, it does go on.

I, OTOH, have screwed up mine. I forgot to unplug a couple times and, though I never completely stretched the extension cord to the point of unplugging, have apparently created a short in the cord right near where it plugs in. It has to be twisted just right or won't work....frustrating and I'm not too excited about cutting the cord to try to fix it.

5. parrot_lady

parrot_lady Member

I wanted to be able to install the second one as a breeze.... I can feel everything and have it all lined up right, just can't get hte damn thing to sit correctly in there.

Besides... theres only room for two under the car.

Edit: qupted the wrong post.

6. tomdeimos

tomdeimos New Member

Sounds like you need a rear bumper plug like I have for the block heater. If I were to drive off it would just unplug. But even better would be to attach a rope from the plug to the wall, so the tension would be on the rope and not the cord and it would just unplug as you drive off. I have not done that part yet, because so far I have remembered to unplug anyway.

7. parrot_lady

parrot_lady Member

Thanks to fire engineer... he managed to figure out that I hadn't seated it properly.

yay