1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I just need a hug!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by SAPrius, Apr 11, 2005.

1. SAPrius

SAPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Dear Prius Family,

Today my wife and I "celebrate" our 11th month since placing our order and our salesman just let me know that our Prius was not on this month's shipment. Arghh!!!
    Yeah, I know some of you are going to say we should shop around, etc, etc, etc, but the truth is the Prius situation is the same all across south Texas - few cars - big demand. While we will get our car at MSRP, our original deposit of $500 is non refundable. At least we've been able to save up a larger downpayment and sell a conversion van in the interim.

So, instead of saying "here's what you should have done," can I just get an "electronic hug" or something? Remind me that the Prius is still worth the wait. I have all my toenails (for those of you old enough on this list to remember "toenails"), but I'm having a crisis and I need a supportive intervention.

Where's my teddy bear?

2. kidtwist

kidtwist New Member

Wow, that's a long wait. You have my sympathy. The greater the anticipation, the greater the reward. I enjoy mine a little more everyday. It's worth the wait.

3. mark_hamrick

mark_hamrick New Member

AWWWW...SAPrius, I feel your pain! I waited 4 months here in Denver and had been told it would be 4 more, but got a surprise call one Friday night. Hang in there, and maybe your call will come earlier than you think....here's two points for your hug,

4. kkister1492

kkister1492 New Member

Maybe you can spend your time making a new ketchup commercial or something ...remember "Anticipation...."?
    There is something to be said for having more money saved up for when the actual purchase date comes.

I'll donate 5 points to help you out.

5. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

I just need a hug... is this a Michael Jackson quote?

6. senna4ever

senna4ever New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    What the....? A WHOLE year?!?! There are 3 brand new Prius' (1 sold) on the lot at the Toyota dealer nearest to my house here in Vancouver, and 2 (1 sold) on the lot of another dealer! As long as you don't care that the car is white or silver, you can get one right now. A whole year...damn.... :(

7. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

SAPrius- Check the Louisiana dealerships. Prii are arriving daily at some locations!!! My mom got her Prius in 4 months and as you've seen on this board some owners didn't have to wait at all!!

8. geckoboi78

geckoboi78 New Member

A year does seem like a long time. Here in VA Bach VA we have them on the lot. It'll be here before you know it. Course then again, just think, if you only had a year to live, it wouldn't seem like that long to wait. Hang in there, it's definitely worth the wait! :wave:

9. pjm877

pjm877 Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    here is your "electronic hug"

10. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    ::hug::

We were told we wouldn't have one until July! Then they got 3 mysteriously huge shipments and ran through their waiting list in no time. I tried to hold out for Seaside, but as my old car was barely limping along I went for Black instead and picked mine up on St Patty's Day.

We would have liked more time to save some money up (despite the painful wait), but then we ended up getting a 6 month deferment anyway and it all turned out OK without me having to bike to school on the highway.

Hope yours comes soon! It will be that much sweeter when it does come. Then you can revel in all the fun little quirks, the public's curiosity (people gushing over my funky little car still make me all giddy) and the joy of discovering how to drive it.

11. senna4ever

senna4ever New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  12. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow a year! Around here it has been about 3 months but lately we have been getting in Prius' that are not spoken for. I couldn't imagine waiting a year for my new car. But then again, the Prius is worth the wait. You will love it when it finally comes, :wink:

13. SAPrius

SAPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thanks Prius family. All may not be so bleak. We might be on the next shipment afterall. Our "Prius baby" is overdue, but the eventual delivery will still be most welcome. Thanks for the encouragement. We feel the love!

That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.
    Bob and Tonie in San Antonio