1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I just scraped the passenger side!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jaybee, Apr 28, 2005.

1. jaybee

jaybee Junior Member

This morning in the parking garage at work, I was careless and took a turn too close scraping and denting the rear passenger side door and rear quarter panel. Giant concrete pillars are rather unforgiving. So much for having a "new" car.

It's gonna be hard concentrating on work for the rest of the day. :cussing:

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    awww. i feel your pain. i was going to a car wash.. one of those pressure wash places. they were doing working on some of the pipes.. one of the service covers poped up as i drove over it and dented + scraped the side of my driver door.

the good thing is.. i think the side panels of the car is aluminum.. so.. no rusting.

3. bobc

bobc New Member

Ugh, I feel for you. I'm not looking forward to when this happens to me..

This must be two of those lessons in life we keep needing to be reminded of: That we really don't have much control of what happens in life and there is such a thing as the law of entropy...

4. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jaybee\";p=\"85218)</div>
    The exact same thing happened to me about two weeks ago! Not quite as severe as yours but still a scrape just above the wheel well. The dealer came back with a $571 estimate. Sheesh!

5. Rick Grahn

Rick Grahn New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Mine ('05) was scraped in a parking lot while I was in a restaurant eating dinner. Guilty party did not leave a note, but a witness did. Just filed a police report about 30 minutes ago. The witness got a license plate number too. Police wrote it up as a "hit and run." Witness said it was a teenage girl with a white Toyota SUV or van.

Ruined my day, but I'll get over it.

6. sfmark

sfmark New Member

I had the same problem: SUV in parking lot, but no license number.

Here's a link to a site that sells touch-up paint, including primer and clearcoat (which I couldn't get from Toyota):
    http://www.automotivetouchup.com/index.htm

I got pretty good results when I followed their directions.

7. cowboyonthemoon

cowboyonthemoon New Member

OK, so it was probably my fault, but I hit our neighbour's metal garbage can and now have a very superficial but long scratch on the driver's side. My question is, if I do nothing what will happen over time? How important is it to get it repaired?