1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I just upgraded to a 2012 two: Comments on upgrades

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by jmann, Jun 5, 2017.

1. jmann

jmann Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just upgraded to a 2012 two (from a loaded 2006). My impression is that the Gen-II was a much nicer car than the Gen-III. But that is fine. I think they went after the market for a nicer car with the Prius V. This car will be fine for a few years and I'll eventually upgrade to something with adaptive cruise and lane keep assist.

Request for comments:
    Reusing the auto-dimming mirror from my 2006 in the 2012. Comments, suggestions?: thread

Led or HID retrofit: Any particular suggestions? Auxbeam S4, F-16, simdevanma bulb? Does one work particularly well in the Prius's low beam projector or the high beam reflector?

The safety glass windshield should be 100% UVB and UVA blocking, right? The tempered silica glass side windows should be 100% UVB and drop off in UVA for about 50% UVA. Could someone recommend a clear UVA blocking ceramic film for the side windows? Comments on Tint Depot?

Can anyone point me to a good thread about wiring a backup camera? I took the trunk lining apart and It isn't obvious to me how the OEM backup camera would be wired through the trunk panel.

Any modern comments on soundproofing installation?

I ordered and installed a dball-2 auto-starter. Works as claimed.

I ordered an android head unit from china. It is mediocre.

P.S. The 2006 is still sitting in my driveway if anyone is interested in it PM me. 140K miles. no A/C. Drives fine but with a creek. Synthetic oil. Good tires. Somewhere around $3500.

Aaron Vitolins likes this.