1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I just wanted to thank all of you for the help and info..

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by cindyh1, Mar 4, 2012.

1. cindyh1

cindyh1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I did buy the 2011 Prius 3 and absolutely love it. I already have 2000 miles on it, yes i travel a lot. I haven't changed tire pressure yet but will do, i just needed to check and see what pressure is good to run..

As far as mileage so far, These have been a rough few weeks, snow, ice, many cold starts and as my first question said, many short trips around town and longer freeway.. temps have been from the 20's to 70..., a lot of heat on and even some air conditioning.. i have noticed when its windy, *this week with the tornados* it hurts mileage of course..

However, with all that being said, I immediately loved the car! I am so happy, wish i had bought one years ago. Over the 2000 miles and 4 tanks of fuel, i have averaged a little over 48 even with the snow and all the short trips.. thats EXCELLENT!

The only thing i have changed about my driving... slower on the interstate, instead of the 70 mph speed limit, i do 60 to 62 with cruise. also, coasting when i can which is quite a bit more than i thought i would be able to..

Thanks again and i look forward to being here a long time.. Glad i waited and got a great deal too :)

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  2. ChipL

ChipL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    A really great group of folks here for sure. Probably they should be getting some money for all the sales they help close! :)

Still week one here for me. Funny I too have changed my driving habits just a little too. But then if my 2003 Baja had given me the mpg feedback like the Prius does, I might have driven it the same way too.

Congrats and many happy miles down the road...

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congrats, guys, on your new Prii.
    Stick around and in time you will be the ones answering the questions. It's the circle of life.

1 person likes this.
  4. ChipL

ChipL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Nicely said, and will do. :)

5. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congrats--enjoy.

6. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Awhh, love the bow. :) Glad you have been able to avoid the tornadoes.

7. SoCalBPrius

SoCalBPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi & :welcome:. Great folks & a ton of info. & knowledge here. Congrats on your new ride:).

8. ArkiePrius

ArkiePrius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Great looking Prius ( I am a bit prejudiced as mine is red also). I like your comment about wishing you had gotten one years ago, I feel the same way. Glad you have dodged all the tornados so far, I live down in Arkansas and thought we might get some from the last front to blast through, but nothing happened. Doesn't help when they have been working on our tornado warning sirens lately and have been testing them almost daily, except when we have a bad weather potential. Enjoy your new car and keep grinning:)

Charlie

9. rebenson

rebenson Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    enjoy the ride and snow is soon to pass... (i hope)...

I over inflated tires yesterday to 40 psi and noticed better mpg (kept it at dealers psi of 35psi)... I will likely keep it for a while... by the way, I've had my car since May 2010 and you will get used to driving the Prius and getting better MPG... However, even when my wife drives it, she still gets better mpg than she does on her 09 corolla...

10. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Now you know why we all have that smug Prius smile when we're driving :)

Let your friends and family see the car and let them know the benefits. Nothing like word of mouth to convert people from their inefficient vehicles.

About 6 months before I purchased my Prius I asked a lady Prius owner what she thought of hers and her enthusiam sold it to me and cast aside any doubts I had. Now I'm the one who's showing prospective owners around my car and answering questions half the time :)