1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I like and Dont like about the Prius C

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by Flying White Dutchman, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    i think its a good thing to make a topic just about the lik and dislike about the prius c
    so toyota can read this and take that into account before the 2012 prius c is going to hit the market.

i would be nice to have posters keep it in the same way i am doing it with the beginning of like and dont like

so here i go

- I Like the small size so it would have better MPG and i normally only drive myself or 2.
    - I Like that it looks like there is still some cargo space left,.

- I Don't Like the tin seats ( ok its for city and younger poeple but what about those than want a better mpg but still some comfort )
    - I Don't Like the doornops thise stick out a lot
    - I Don't Like the steering wheels center it again sticks out.
    - I Don't Like 2 seats in the back when needed i can not press someone else into that back space ;-)
    - I Don't Like the + and - thats seems to indicate a fake manual shifting whats useless in a HSD
    - I Don't Like the steering wheel radio or what else buttons that i can hit when holding the steering wheel when turning because off the location right there.
    - I Don't Like that there is no center arm rest!!!!!!!

Looking at the concept i thing toyota only took down the wieght and will stil be using the same gen3 technology somthing i dont hope because in this case a smaller HSD would be great to make even better MPG.

2. Flying White Dutchman

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    i have to add that looking at some video of the C on the floor its seems to be bigger then i expected!
    soi dont like that
    i need a car that can only support me or just 2 poeple
    something like the toyota IQ or aygo maybe but not bigger then the yaris
    not a gen 3 ( maybe 4 ) prius with a cut down boot and hood
    and inside space just to make the wieght less

3. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Too early to really come to judgement.

If Toyota can offer a great Hybrid that rivals the size and utility of my Honda Fit...then I'm sold.

But at this point? Just too much unknown to really offer much opinion.

4. Flying White Dutchman

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    maybe for you but people can make toyoat aware of things!
    or do you wanna wait until toyota got the prodcution model on the road and then start to complain?

5. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry..go ahead, I think expressing concerns valid.

Just that, I think at this stage it's so much a concept car that we could be complaining about specifics that will never reach production.

I disagree with your desire for a subcompact two seater...I'd rather see a subcompact Hybrid that get's unparalled MPG but one that at least has the utility of my Honda Fit...

Two seater relegates the vehicle to "Roadster" status and divorces so much utility that I could not consider it as anything but a second or 3rd vehicle.

The way I look at it, we have Large, Medium and I want Small...but a small that offers a descent amount of utility would be great.

And haven't you read any of my posts? I complain constantly....

6. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'd agree. It looks too much like a concept at the moment. I'm sure Toyota will normalise it more for release. The Yaris is due a new model soon as is the Euro only Aygo and both of these would make a good hybrid. Then there are the rumours about an EV IQ which would be interesting.

Not sure if the Avensis will become hybrid as it's too similar to the Prius size wise, though maybe we should get the Camry here in Europe as it already exists as a hybrid in both lhd and rhd versions.

7. Flying White Dutchman

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    well in concept stage is where you do make the change;-)

so not the early at al

well the new avensis look s bit bigger then the prius