1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I Love My New Car

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by RPryke, Mar 24, 2007.

1. RPryke

RPryke New Member

I have never really viewed cars as anything but more than a method of transporting one from point A to B.
    However, I love my new Prius, it is the first time in my life I have ever had fun driving! I have driven sports cars, covertibles and the like, but those aren't any fun because to utilize those for fun you have to go to a course.

The Prius is the first car I have ever had that I actually look forward to driving every day, sure I have only driven it 400 miles so far, but I enjoy it so much.

I got package #5 as I didn't want leather as I remember leather in my Mom's Camaro and my Dad's Corvette, I remember the sticking and being burned in the hot weather, and now that I have moved to California, where it is sunny all the time leather wouldn't be worth the hassle.

I love the nav system since I just moved to California from Indiana, so I have no idea where anything is, with my nav system I never get lost and it relieves so much of the stress of the highway, as I don't have to be paying attention to exit signs and can just drive.

I love my CD system, I LOVE the camera in the back, makes parrallel parking so much easier!

I love the gas mileage and the low emissions.

I love that I got the car for under dealer invoice with a free tint job from Toyota thrown in!

2007 Black Prius Touring Package #5

2. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Congrats on your car! And I've had mine for a year, and I still feel the same way about it...and mine's black with tinted windows, too!

3. RPryke

RPryke New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Mar 24 2007, 02:43 PM) [snapback]411576[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks! :D

4. itsme

itsme New Member

It is always good to hear another "I love it" we just picked ours up 3 weeks ago and now have 1300 miles
    " Oh what a feeling" Toyota !!!!
    I too have driven mini sports cars on up to big rigs this is just fun to drive.

5. YoDaddyAlex

YoDaddyAlex Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I agree, it is fun to drive. and relaxing, it doesnt give you hundreds of HP to plaster you in your seat, but it is a different kind of fun. Finally used the navigation for the first time last night, it was great.

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Welcome to PriusChat and congrats on your new Prius. I think most of us can relate to your looking forward to driving it every day.

Personally, 2 years 8 months and I enjoy every drive and still turn to look at it as I walk away.

7. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I feel the same way after a year. We have a black 2006 with everything but leather. No tinting on the windows; sunny weather is rare enough here that I want to squint when we get it. B)

Tom

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats and welcome to PriusChat!

Here's to your first 50mpg!

9. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congratulations on your new Prius, Xelys, and welcome to PriusChat! I loved my 2005 for two years, now I love my 2007 and my wife loves her 2005. :) I felt the same way you did, a car was just a car. I didn't care as long as it ran. But I love my Prius! You can see I've got HSD on the brain. I'm the organizer of the local HSD meetup group; I can't imagine I would have even joined a car club for a different car, let alone organize it.

10. RPryke

RPryke New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Mar 24 2007, 11:17 PM) [snapback]411733[/snapback]</div>
    :D
    Thanks a lot, this forum was a source for much of the information that I used to help me come to a final decision to buy the Prius. (Plus I always had my eyes on them ever since my High School conservation class that talked about the Hybrid Cars when they were still Japan only.)

11. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I understand completely with how you feel about your Prius. Mine is just over three years old and I love it as much today as the first day I got it. I too never really was a car buff or enjoyed driving much. The Prius is fun for me to drive. I think watching the gas mileage go up really helps my enjoyment. I also really enjoy how quiet and smooth the car is.

Welcome to Priuschat. You have come to the best Prius site on the web.