1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I love my new Prius!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sheldon, Nov 11, 2007.

1. sheldon

sheldon New Member

Hi Everyone,

I just got a new Prius.

It's a 2008 Pine Green color with a package 6, XM Radio, Floor Mats, cargo net, and dark-as-legal tinted windows. She's sweet!!! The Prius does look a little funny in my garage next to my 2008 BMW 750i ($84k) and my 2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT (12 mpg). But, I have more fun with the Prius than either of my other two vehicles. Of course, when you want to drive 100 mph on the freeway, there's nothing sweeter than a 750i. The Beemer is perfectly stable and whisper quiet as if you're driving 40mph. The only noise I hear is my wife yelling at me to slow down. :)

The Prius is definitely my favorite car. I love to watch the info screen that shows you when it's running off the electic motor, or the gas engine, or when the motor is charging the battery, etc.

The Prius is a wonderful statement car: Owning a Prius is making an economic statement, an environmental statement, a political statement, and a financial statement.

Now if only I can find a bumper sticker for my Prius that says "My other car is a BMW 750", I think I can get my wife to drive it. :)

Irv

2. swfoster2

swfoster2 New Member

Hi Irv, welcome to PriusChat and the wonders of the Prius. I'm not sure what else to say in light of your post. It's great that you got a Prius and I hope you drive it alot more than the other vehicles you have sitting in your garage.

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Coming from a similar background I can completely understand your position and joy in the new car. :) Eventually you stop caring about showing off and making statements in a car and just enjoy being alive. Sometimes I miss my Corvette but then I think about the Prius and the feeling fades. ;)

If you ever have questions regarding environmental topics and how they effect economies and health feel free to hit up our environmental section and I'd be happy to get you the data you require.

4. amped

amped Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats, Irv! I know what you mean coming from a road racing background (defending SCCA class champ). You can turn your Prius into a 330 wannabe merely by fitting proper tires. HR+ spec tires will cost 2-3 mpg, but return driving enjoyment by tightening the suspension and turning our little econoboxes into near sports sedans. Give it a try ( I like Bridgestone Potenza RE-960's or equivalent in 195+ size) and surprise yourself on country roads.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...S+Pole+Position

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(amped @ Nov 11 2007, 08:35 PM) [snapback]538209[/snapback]</div>
    I'll second that. A good set of new rims and better tires made a HUGE impact on the performance of the Prius. A good set of performance springs and struts would have been icing on the cake. I did 17s with 215/45/17s on mine.

6. WizBandit

WizBandit New Member

I picked up one Saturday, Metallic Dark Blue. Package unknown, my wife actually got it for or son to use for college. I got to go pick it up and drive it home, what a sweet car. I was reading about EV mode and thought that after 34mph EV mode shut off?!?! I got mine to switch to EV at 45mph and stay there on a flat run until I pressed down a bit more on the peddle which kicked in the ICE. Is this correct? Did Toyota change something in 2008 to make it different from the earlier models?

Now for some SOLAR POWER CHARGING!