1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I miss my Prius already

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by CinciPrius, Jul 16, 2005.

1. CinciPrius

CinciPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Have any of you had to go back to your 'old' car after driving your Prius exclusively for a while? I had to do that today. My daughter is borrowing my Prius for a weekend trip from Cincinnati to upstate New York for a friend's wedding leaving me to use her car (my old one).

I haven't driven the old car (a 98 Contour with 117K miles) in over two months and the difference from the Prius is amazing. It's noisy; it shakes while sitting at lights; the steering wheel is *huge* and too high. I'm amazed that I drove that car for 6 years before getting the Prius.

I even found myself trying to feather the accelerator - didn't work worth a da**. :p

I want my Prius back!!!!

2. greencanuck

greencanuck New Member

I know the feeling well. I've had my Prius for about 3 months now. I'm still trying to sell my 97 GMC Sierra (a great truck by the way if anyone is interested) and the other day I took it for a drive to the car wash and another quick stop. I can't believe I drove that beast for 5 years. Lots of fun in tight parking lots. And ya, love that big and high steering wheel. But seriously, anyone looking for a good truck?

Perry

3. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I feel your pain, my wife just left on a week long trip and I will have to drive our old '95 Taurus several days this week. Needless to say, it is no comparison and I don't enjoy my trips near as much. The only good think was that I had forgetten though what a series of subwoofers do for sound.

4. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    It's always a shock on those rare occasions when I have to drive one of the more primitive cars in our stable.

Keys... engine running at stop lights... etc.

I DO find that my gentle Prius driving habits work on these other vehicles.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    shouldn't this be in the main forum?

I know what you mean. The Camry's accelerator is super sensitive. Makes me look like a Learner driver.

6. kirbinster

kirbinster Member

I routinely switch between the Prius, the Bravada and the BMW - each has its own pluses and minuses. I love the Prius in town and on short trips - under two hours. Above 2 hours I definitely prefer the big 7 series BMW as it is a true luxury vehicle and is much more comfortable when you have to sit for 5 hours - much smoother for highway driving. The Bravada is great when I need to carry big heavy things that would not even think about fitting in the Prius. Just try putting a 4' x 8' sheet of plywood in a Prius - maybe if you cut it up into six pieces :) I like each car for what they are designed for.

7. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CinciPrius\";p=\"107865)</div>
    Feathering only reallys on a CVT-'like' transmission. If it's traditional auto or manual, feathering works maybe 3/4 up to the shift-point then you gotta press hard. :p

I've been driving a CVT since '96 so driving that is the same, just the brakes are so different!