1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I miss my Prius...

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Mike Rosenzweig, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Mike Rosenzweig

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'm currently on vacation and my rental car is a brand new Nissan xterra 4x4, which is getting about 15 mikes per gallon in LA traffic. Unfortunately the rental company has no more Prii available for rent and xterra was the only car they had that was not filthy and high mileage. While the ride is good (but Prius is better), the mileage is not so great. I have the car for 10 days with a lot of driving, so this really makes me think even more how wonderful my Prius is. I am impressed with the amount of Prii in Socal.

SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 ? 2

2. jonb505

jonb505 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    I hear ya.
    I have tried to rent a prius on several occasions but they either say they quit renting them out or are sold out at the moment. I can see from a rental companies point of view the prius being a poor choice to make money on, they aren't the ones paying for the gas, so it makes sense not to rent them at all or to have just a few on hand to keep customers happy.
    Last car i rented from alamo on a weekend trip to Edmonton, Alberta was a Ford focus titanium. Figured it would be much nicer car than my prius but suprisingly not, felt just like another small econobox despite all the bells and whistles, and the auto transmission was just nasty, very rough at low speeds.
    The prius is a very practical and comfortable car if race car handling and horsepower are not that important to you.