1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I need 3 friends

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by efusco, Aug 4, 2007.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    *Thanks all, I have all the replies I need. I appreciate those of you how call me a friend and those who replied even if you don't consider me that! :lol:

I'm part of an auto "community" that does surveys from time to time. One of today's questions is for us to ask 3 people some survey questions and post those answers on the auto community forum.

So, if 3 of you are interested in tackling these 6 question please feel free....should be some interesting answers!

SATURN AURA:

• Are you familiar with the Saturn Aura? What do you know about this vehicle – feel free to tell me everything you know, I'd like to hear as much detail as possible!

• What is your opinion of the Saturn Aura?

• Have you recently heard/seen any news or advertisements regarding the Saturn Aura?

• If so, where did you encounter this news/advertisement? Was it a TV commercial, a radio commercial, a billboard, a print ad or something else?
      • Did the news/advertisement you heard/saw change your opinion of the Saturn Aura? How so?

BUICK LUCERNE:

• Are you familiar with the Buick Lucerne? What do you know about this vehicle – feel free to tell me everything you know, I'd like to hear as much detail as possible!

• What is your opinion of the Buick Lucerne?

• Have you recently heard/seen any news or advertisements regarding the Buick Lucerne?

• If so, where did you encounter this news/advertisement? Was it a TV commercial, a radio commercial, a billboard, a print ad or something else?
      • Did the news/advertisement you heard/saw change your opinion of the Buick Lucerne? How so?

2. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    :( Ok, apparently I have no friends.... :(

3. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Aug 4 2007, 01:56 PM) [snapback]490623[/snapback]</div>
    You got friends! We was just testing you! :p

Wildkow: Brian, 52, Real Estate Appraiser

p.s. Sorry I know next to nothing about those automobiles. :(

OK sorry now on second thought I do know or think I know a little.

Aura
    Hybrid?

1.) Other than the fact it's a Hybrid I know next to nothing about this auto.
    2.) I have no opinion about the Aura.
    3.) I don't recall seeing any commercials, TV, Radio or Print.

Lucerne
    Mid-size not quite luxury class auto, not Hybrid.

1.) I think it's a Mid-Sized not quite luxury auto.
    2.) I have no opinion except that of all GM auto's I probably like Buick the best.
    3.) I don't recall seeing any commercials, TV, Radio or Print.

That is the extent of my knowledge. I do watch a fair amount of TV but neither of these ring a bell as grabbing my attention during commercials. To be fair I record a lot of my shows and FF through commercials.

4. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Aug 4 2007, 01:56 PM) [snapback]490623[/snapback]</div>
    I'm sorry... since we don't have television, we don't see commercials, and I'm really NOT familiar with either vehicle, so I won't be taking your survey.

Hope this doesn't mess up our close, meaningful friendship :)

5. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think "I'm not familiar/I don't know anything about/I haven't seen any commercials" comments are acceptible.

BTW, I'm supposed to post your first name, age and what you do for a living...that oughta further reduce the number of respondents!!

6. paulccullen

paulccullen New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    OK Evan, FWIW I'll bite...

Saturn Aura:

1. Heard of it, know nothing about it except that I think it has a hybrid version

2. No opinion of it

3. Nope. I always fast-forward thru commercials or otherwise actively ignore them.

Buick Lucerne:

1. Nope

2. No opinion

3. Nope (see above)

Maybe you should get a puppy :)

Paul.

7. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Don't know much about either. The Aura is based on an Opel model (Astra?). It is available with a mild hybrid system, basically a strapped on over sized alternator that can be used as an assist motor. I probably read a review in the Los Angeles Times.

The Lucerne is the top of the line Buick. It has gotten very good reviews, but does nothing to tickle my fancy. I have seen a couple drive by in the last few months. I have read a couple of articles about it in Car and Driver and the Los Angeles Times. I also saw a Motorweek segment on it. I don't remember many details.

Hope this helps.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Aug 4 2007, 02:05 PM) [snapback]490628[/snapback]</div>
    You will get those details in a PM.

8. robincx

robincx "Fear is the mind killer"

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I am somewhat familiar with the Saturn Aura. It looks very nice, their campaign to place Honda and Toyota vehicles in their showrooms is a great campaign angle, especially if it works. Who knows they may be a nicer ride?

I know they offer a hybrid in this model and that of course interests me. Personally I'm a year or two away from replacing my Audi A4. At that time a hybrid will be at the top of the list, but I'll wait to see what is on the market at that time. Does it utilize the last generation Toyota technology?

The Buick Lucerne:
    I have the impression that Buicks are for old people, I'll be 50 this month so I guess I'm approaching that category, but they certainly don't seem to fall into a Prius board survey classification if you know what I mean. The Lucerne looks a bit nice, somewhat aggressive and modern in the Chrysler vein. Might be a nice car especially if it is available in a hybrid.
    Now the surprise. I travel a bit and usually rent cars at my destinations. Recently I was given a Buick Rendezvous, and I was plesantly surprised. It was a very nice car, and while I find the exterior styling geeky, I found the cockpit to be very well laid out. I even commented to my wife about it.

I hope this helps.

Robin

9. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i see it only takes evan 15 hours to conclude that he has no friends. :p

10. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    OK, if you insist:

SATURN AURA:

* Are you familiar with the Saturn Aura? What do you know about this vehicle – feel free to tell me everything you know, I’d like to hear as much detail as possible!

No, never heard of it.

* What is your opinion of the Saturn Aura?

N/A

* Have you recently heard/seen any news or advertisements regarding the Saturn Aura?

No

BUICK LUCERNE:

* Are you familiar with the Buick Lucerne? What do you know about this vehicle – feel free to tell me everything you know, I’d like to hear as much detail as possible!

No, never heard of it.

* What is your opinion of the Buick Lucerne?

N/A

* Have you recently heard/seen any news or advertisements regarding the Buick Lucerne?

No.

11. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks guys...still not convinced I have friends, but I do appreciate those who responded!

12. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    BTW, and I've posted this before, I'm still getting e-mails from this autoinsight.gongos.com community that they're looking for new members. Last time I posted this they said they had enough people with Prius, so you'll need to submit under another car...I think I signed up with my wife's Highlander Hybrid.

In any case, you get a couple surveys every couple weeks, most are pretty quick, some take a little more time (this one was the most 'difficult') where they ask your opinion on everything from cup holders to what makes a car 'green', to body styles and everything in between. Every 3 months or so you get an Amazon gift certificate for $20-50 depending upon how much you participated.

If you do sign up they'll want my 'digits'
    Evan Fusco (full name)
    evanfusco AT aol.com (e-mail)

13. Dr Ed

Dr Ed New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Both cars are GM. That's all anyone needs to know.

14. mojo

mojo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Are you familiar with the Saturn Aura? What do you know about this vehicle – feel free to tell me everything you know, I’d like to hear as much detail as possible!

I rented one recently in Honolulu

What is your opinion of the Saturn Aura?
    Beautiful styling . I parked next to a Lexus and was surprised how similar the body contours were.High quality build.It felt solid and comfortable with no funny noises or parts falling off.Handled well and had adequate power.Gas mileage wasnt too bad for such a roomy vehicle.The hybrid version would probably be a nice vehicle to own.
    I have a feeling they are actually trying to copy Toyota or Lexus and did a very good job of it.
    My only reluctance with buying any American passenger vehicle is that they generally only last 100,000 miles.Whereas Toyotas that Ive owned ,are still running strong with 300,000 on a pickup and 166000 on a Previa.

Have you recently heard/seen any news or advertisements regarding the Saturn Aura?
    I checked the Saturn website because I was impressed with the car.

If so, where did you encounter this news/advertisement? Was it a TV commercial, a radio commercial, a billboard, a print ad or something else?
    Did the news/advertisement you heard/saw change your opinion of the Saturn Aura? How so?
    Learned that they will offer it as a hybrid.

BUICK LUCERNE:
    Never heard of it.

15. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Aug 3 2007, 11:06 PM) [snapback]490415[/snapback]</div>
    I consider Even my friend! Hope we can meet some day. You are a Physician, right?
    To prove my loyalty, I am joining the auto community, if they will take owners of Dodge Caravan (second car, prefer Prius).

I am Larry, the Electical Sefety Engineer and I am 49 years old. I doubt I will feal any different the day I turn 50, as I didn't on the day I turned 30 or 40.

As for the survey, I am glad it is short.
    Are you familiar with the Saturn Aura? What do you know about this vehicle – feel free to tell me everything you know, I’d like to hear as much detail as possible!

I have never heard of the Saturn Aura.
    I have no opinion on the Saturn Aura.
    I havn't heard/seen any news or advertisements regarding the Saturn Aura.

I am barely familiar with the Buick Lucerne. I think it is a midsze car similar to Chevy Impala. The name remindes me of Milk, so I wonder if it comes with chocolate chip cookies.

I assume Lucerne is a boring car like all other GM products.

I have not heard any reacent news or advertisements regarding the Buick Lucerne.

I fast foward through most commercials. If I am watching live TV and I come to a commercial, I record the rest of the show for later so I can fast foward through the commercials, and I go watch something else I recorded earlier that I can already fast forward throught the commercials.

I see the commercals as I am fast forwarding throught them, and if something catches my eye, I will rewind and perhaps watch that commercial two or three times.