1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I need a radiator

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dpframing, Apr 6, 2007.

1. dpframing

dpframing "Nobody tells me what to do, not even me."

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I racked up my beautiful '05 on Valentines Day in a freak accident involving a mattress (yes MATTRESS) in a snowstorm thanks to NYC and their capable snowplowing or lack thereof. My dealership Prius mechanic says I need a new radiator AND an expensive little part ($806) called a throttle body. Both are leaking anti-freeze so extremely slowly that I haven't had to add new antifreeze since the accident a month and a half ago. But both parts are wet to the touch and he says they need replacing (about a $1600 job).
    Does any one know more about this or where I can get these parts used or aftermarket( at least the radiator)? Any info would help. Oh, and I didn't have collision insurance. The body work alone cost me $3000. If you Prius people out there love your cars, and I know you do, learn from my misfortune and SLOW DOWN. :(

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    imwoody36 posted this on the refurbished MFD thread:

"Hello, I have a few Prius multifunction displays for sale from collision damaged cars.
    Mention you saw this onPriuschat and I will send you a good one for 450.
    [email protected] 812-820-5050 also you might want to visit my website autobeyours.com"

Maybe he has the parts you need.

3. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dpframing @ Apr 6 2007, 11:07 PM) [snapback]419169[/snapback]</div>
    I haven't seen much aftermarket for the Prius. However, there are several online parts places that sell at a discount. For example, Hoy-Fox has the radiator assembly for around $300:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...amp;catalogid=2

I didn't see the throttle body listed, but you could call them. Another good source is Metropolitan. See http://www.metrotpn.com/ for contact info.

Here's a place with the throttle body for about $625: http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...01&chapter= (Link doesn't seem to get you to the throttle body. Go to the home page and search for "throttle body" for the 05 Prius)

And as Godiva posted, there is always the used part route.

- Tom

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    how did this FUBAR your radiator without having any effect on the a/c condenser?!

and the throttle body... that sounds a bit strange. could you get a second opinion on that?

5. bobc

bobc New Member