1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I need an opinion?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TummyMan, Feb 29, 2008.

?

Hybrid Camry or Prius

Poll closed Apr 29, 2008.
  1. Camry

14.3%
  2. Prius

85.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TummyMan

TummyMan Tummy Man

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I am thinking of waiting to see what the 09 looks like. I have friends who tell me to buy the 09 Camry hybrid and other who say wait for the 09 Prius.
    I am 6-1 285lbs, I drive from Sedona to the LA area 4 to 6 times a year. For me it is about 430 each way, I avarage about 1250 miles every trip.

I rented a 08 Prius package #4 from Flagstaff airport and it was ok, the seat needed to be moved back a bit, I understand from this fourm the seat can be moved back some to a set of per drilled holes in the seat slides.

My question is:
    Camry or Prius

2. Rockville1

Rockville1 Silver Pine Mica

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    That's really up to you. Test drive them both and buy the one you like.

3. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Some sources say the update to Prius will not come until 2010 (half way though 2009).

4. ksstathead

ksstathead Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Speculation (e.g., xcel at CleanMPG) is that the 09 Prius may raise Glide from 42 to 62 mph limit, which would be very significant, but otherwise may not have extra EV range or Plug-in option. It would be a better candidate for a PHEV conversion with that higher glide limit, as I understand it.

But waiting for the 09 Prius may not gain everything one would hope.

I have not followed the TCH 09 v 08. Size about the same (passenger & cargo volume). Huge FE edge to Prius. Luxury edge to Camry, imo. Cost edge to Prius.

5. ny biker

ny biker Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    You will also want to check out the trunk space in the HyCam to see if it's sufficient for you. There is less cargo room than a regular Camry due to the presence of the battery. I originally was interested in the HyCam but chose the Prius due to it's superior cargo space (and mpg).

6. billarb

billarb New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    There's plenty of good advice here. I'm 6'6" and find the Prius very comfortable. By all means, you should test-drive both the Prius and the Camry. I was persuaded by the superior mpg of the Prius AND the trunk/cargo space. The Camry trunk was very small. I could not fit my golf clubs and a walking cart in the Camry. They went into the Prius as smooth as silk.

I've had mine for more than 2 months and have not had a moment of regret. Good luck!

Bill