1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I need help with damaged body work.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by fortheanimals, Nov 6, 2005.

1. fortheanimals

fortheanimals Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just dropped off a friend at his place and really messed up the driver's side door panels. I was pulling though a U-shaped driveway at his apartment and didn't see some cement columns. So I swiped them big time! both door panels on the driver's side are wrecked and even down to the part below the doors. My panels are dented inwards a bit, and I've got white cement markings on the sides where they've hit. I don't believe the damage is too serious but a lot of body work is needed. I'm thinking a un-denting of two doors and then painting of two doors.. i don't know if the lower part means they have to paint the rest of the driver's side. I am planning on posting pictures soon, but I just really felt the need to post this right now (sans pictures) because I'm freaking out. The car is precious to me (of course) and I am currently thinking of ways to however get the mucho cash I will need to repair this. And, wow, I am short of cash these days.
    So before I get pics up, anybody have an idea of how much money (ballpark) I will need to put up for a minor dent and all-up paintjob on two door panels and the lower end???

I appreciate any help so far before I post pics... I am just really in an almost literal pain right now because of this. cheers.

2. darwin100

darwin100 New Member

I can tell you (sadly) that a friend scraped the bumber well hit it on hers and the scrape though small bent some under parts..the bill was $1200.

3. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Sorry, estimating this online would be like Senator Frist diagnosing Terri Schiavo from TV pictures. Particularly with doorsill damage.

Get 3-4 estimates from body shops. Depending on the dents, you're probably looking at upwards of $1500-2K.