1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I need help with small research project

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TOG, Sep 22, 2011.

1. TOG

TOG Silver Business Sponsor

I've tried searching on google and other search engines and sites without much success. What I'm trying to find are pictures of multiple franchise Toyota dealerships under the same roof....in the newer style building.

For example, here's a Toyota/Chevrolet dealer that I am familiar with... Where there's one, there must be more. But darned if I can find them trying to search on google. For some strange reason, dealers rarely put pictures of their facility on their websites.
    [​IMG]

I figured this would be a good place to ask since Prius owners are EVERYWHERE! If you could email, PM, or even post a picture here with the details I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Troy

2. Troyroy

Troyroy Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you go to this Toyota dealers web site.....the pictures change....wait until they show you the Toyota building.......don't show the Chevy signs. It would be unheard of in my area to have such a building with different vehicles sold out of the same building. There are many dealers that sell other lines.....but the car mfg. always insist that they have their own buildings.
    I know of a dealer that lost the Hummer line, because they would not build a building just for the Hummers.

3. car compulsive

car compulsive Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Dunning Subaru Toyota in Ann Arbor, MI has adjacent buildings. Spartan Toyota Lexus in Lansing, MI buildings are located across the parking lot from each other.

Add to that, the GM corporate design standard for a Hummer dealership was styled after a quonset hut with a round roof. So, Capitol Cadillac Humm, um Cadillac in Lansing (just down the street from Spartan Toyota Lexus) has a beautiful Cadillac showroom with a "beautiful" used car quonset hut across the parking lot.

4. TOG

Thanks, but I'm looking specifically for more dealerships where they sell Toyota's and another carline (other than Scion/Lexus) out of the same building, as in the picture I posted above....if they allowed one dealership to do it, there must be more of them.

5. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Google Images

You might not be able to see each make represented; but Tulley in Nashua NH sells BMW, VW, Mazda, Buick and GMC from this complex.

6. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm pretty sure Burdick Toyota shares their building with BMW. Facing that building Toyota is in the middle with BMW on the left and Lexus on the right if I recall. Don't go there much but if I get there to test drive a CT I'll snap a picture.

7. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That's a tough one other than some folks here randomly being in the right place. I'd definitely try your query on other Toyota forums or even the Happy Hour section of tivocommunity.com (you need an account there to post and see that area).

I suppose you could randomly try searching for Toyota dealers in areas where imports aren't very popular then try finding their pics on Google Street View. One of my old roommates from around Kansas City, KS mentioned that import car dealers were like 50 miles away which is why him and his parents always bought American.

8. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Here in the Islands SERVCO is the only Dealer for Toyota they have multiple multi brand dealerships.

Below is a picture of SERVCO Auto Leeward it is a Toyota, Chevrolet, Suzuki dealer this pic came from the Chevy portion of their webpage. What is funny the right side of the building says Chevrolet but where it should say Toyota on the left side is blank.
    SAL.jpg
    Welcome - Servco Auto Centers
    Dealerships - Servco Auto Centers
    Welcome - Servco Auto Leeward

9. TOG

That would be great if you could snap a picture. Looking at their Facebook pages, I can get pictures of either the Toyota/Scion or BMW...but the building styles look different. I can't find anything showing them together as part of the same facility.

Servco in Hawaii was a good idea, but unfortunately they beat to their own drum on the islands. Servco isn't part of Toyota Motor Sales, USA. They're their own private distrubutor and import their vehicles directly from Toyota Motor Co. in Japan. So I don't think we can use them to help make our case.

10. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    What case are you trying to make?

This seems like some dealerships saying "screw it" and just doing it even though I am extremely doubtful Chevy or Toyota would allow such a building to exist if they knew about it.

Likewise as a potential Toyota shopper, if I see a building with a giant Chevy logo on it I am not even turning into the parking lot.

We have "Motor City" here which is a mile or so stretch of road with every possible dealership on the road. Some are owned by the same people but they all only sell one brand. The Toyota is separate from the Lexus even though it is "Kuni Lexus" and "Kuni Toyota", they have separate buildings. The Lexus dealership is highest on the hill next to the BMW dealership towering over all the lowly cars below!

11. dustoff003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Sorry Eh Braddah! Yeah SERVCO is there own animal but I just thought I would try and be helpful. What exactly are you trying to prove or accomplish?

12. TOG

We're a Ford / Toyota dealership...and we need a new building. From what I understand, Toyota's not being overly receptive to our pitch to keep both franchises under one roof. So I thought a little photo evidence might help our owner. I found one where they've obviously allowed it...that dealership photo in my first post is only a few years old since it's constructed using Toyota's current design model. (minus the blue arch and Chevrolet logo). I'm hoping to find a few more examples just like it.

13. dustoff003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Good luck with that. What does Ford have to say about the matter?

14. TOG

No issues at all from them.

15. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Before you go through with it, have you polled your community on how they view various branding?

Myself and most around here will not even stop into a dealership flying Make X's logo just because it is Make X. Flying 2 flags that appeal on the majority to two very different customers could help bring in a broader base and I think is what you are trying to do, or (at least around here) is likely to keep away a much greater base because you need to find people who either don't care (minimal percentage) or like both (less percentage) versus those that like just one (highest percentage).

This whole scheme may backfire on you depending on what your local ideology is. Around here, you would go out of business really fast.

16. TOG

We've already got it set up that way now....we've got both Toyota and Ford in our current dealership. (We had Hyundai too at one point). We just need a new building.