1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I need new glasses: questions about Prius, polarization and transitions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kenoarto, Nov 10, 2008.

1. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I need new glasses. I need advice. Polarization makes viewing the computer screen impossible. "Transitions" don't work behind any glass (UV activation I guess). I hate carrying two pairs of glasses--I always forget the other pair in the car or the house. And switching glasses while walking down the street is is downright dangerous, let alone while driving a car at any speed.

2. chriscard25

chriscard25 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  3. redhandeddenial

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    i switch out...but my polarized make the gauges hard to read unless they are all the way up

4. maseace

maseace Prius enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I wear polarized sunglasses and have no problems with the MFD screen or the speedometer. You would have to turn the glasses 45 degrees clockwise to block the polarized light of the LCD screen.

5. oxnardprof

oxnardprof Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I wear progressive transitions, and I think they are polarized. I have no problem with the MFD, and they do darken in the car. I have the grey kind. My daughter had the brown transitions, and they did NOT darken in the car. Her new grey ones do darken.

I also keep a pair of sunglasses (very dark) that are polarized in the holder in the roof of the car. I use those on very bright days, and they work fine - but I do have trouble viewing the MFD, but I think it is because the glasses are dark.

6. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Although they are bulky, and less than stylish (my daughter's call them "space goggles"--inside the care who cares?" these over-your-glasses glasses are quite protective, fit in the sunglass holder of the Prius, and are easy to put on with one hand.

7. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Anyone tried Polaroid brand driving glasses?