1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I need to have my head examined!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mike_m, Jun 21, 2008.

1. mike_m

mike_m New Member

I miss posting here as a Prius owner. About a year and a half ago, I traded my Prius in for a new CTS. I really regret it! I should have kept the car. Every time I go to the pump and spend about 60 bucks, I want to get sick. I am averaging about 22MPG with my 2007 CTS. It really looks cool, though.LOL:frusty: I am stuck in this lease for another 2 years. Hopefully I can get another one at the end. It really sucks. Miss you all.

Mike

2. sleonardelli

sleonardelli Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    What generated your decision to trade in the Prius for a gas guzzler?

3. SVPriusFan

SVPriusFan Hymotioned and loving it...

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm curious to know why you did that too. Aren't Caddy's notorious for having low reliability and needing a lot of maintenance? Add to that your 22 MPG - urgh!

4. mike_m

mike_m New Member

BRAIN FADE......

5. ctbering

ctbering Rambling Man

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I'm sure its not just the gas savings you miss, although it must hurt when you fill up more often. I think if I went back to an SUV or even another car I would feel like I was taking a step back. It must be that Prius training I have been experiencing, not being happy when I average less than 50 MPG, being thrilled when I get 50 + MPG, and learning the nuances of hyper-mililng.
    Don't let those dark forces of supposed luxury cars keep you away from owning a Prius long! Terry

6. chrisspaulding

chrisspaulding sexy, high tech, fun

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    By the time your lease is up you can get the Prius genIII (after any release bugs are fixed).
    That's perfect!

7. ZC1

ZC1 Junior Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Mike M,

In answer to your statement "I need to have my head examined!", I can offer the following:

Give me (us) your home location, the dates/times you have two free hours and what kind of payment you can afford.

I (we) will then provide you with the name, location and date/time of appointment with a qualified local doctor/institution that is available to take your case.

Please have no worries, I (we) will take care of all details and all you have to do is "Showup."

Oh...one question: What color smock would you prefer?
    In the past, the smocks were only available in bright white and only with the extra long arm sleeves that wrap around the front and tie off at your back, but nowadays, they come in different eye pleasing colors. Your preference?

ZC1

8. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If you're driving a Caddy, I assume you're either 97 years old, or you wear a long silk coat (preferably purple) with matching wide-brimmed hat with a leopard-print band.

9. mike_m

mike_m New Member

Thanks... But now I can't afford therapy after my visits to the gas pumps.

10. mike_m

mike_m New Member

Nah Dude.... It's not a "Merlot BRO-HAM". But it would be kinda cool to be pimpin' around. Thanks for the idea. When I drove the Prius, I didn't wear any "pocket protectors" either! How you like "dem apples"? :D

11. sorthund

sorthund New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    That was exactly what I was thinking. So, Mike try to look at the positive side of the situation, and don't beat yourself up..... You've learned your lesson, right ;)