1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I need to replace the washer tubing to front windshield

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by lisadmn, Sep 16, 2021.

1. lisadmn

lisadmn New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I believe a rodent chewed through the black tubing running from the washer fluid reservoire to the front windshield. All that is visible is a small portion of tubing still attached to the left side of the hood when standing in front. Would someone be willing to post a photo (or instructions or diagram) of how the tubing runs along the inside of the hood? I have a 2012 Prius V. When i turn on the washer, the fluid runs out from the wheel well. So I think the portion from the reservoire to the broken part is hanging down there somewhere, but I can't reach it. I am considering replacing it by going through the front right wheel well. Any photos or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

2. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I had this happen or something very similar. BUT our reservoir would drain empty every time I tried to fill it. If you hit the front bumper a certain way it will pinch one of the tubes at the bottom creating a leak. Does your fluid reservoir stay full? That would narrow down where the leak is because ours was at the bottom. It would just drain out via gravity through the pump. (Pump allows fluid through naturally).

3. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Here're two... IMG_20210918_093359170_HDR.jpg View attachment 216525

The 2nd photo is a zoom in on where it enters the fender. Not much to inspect for where a rodent might eat it....

#3 jzchen, Sep 18, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    Mawesy and xliderider like this.
  4. lisadmn

lisadmn New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you so very much for the photos! We now have functioning washers!

jzchen likes this.
  5. Mawesy

Mawesy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    for some reason, the 2nd photo that jzchen posted (attachment 216525) isn't connecting. I would really like to see that photo. I've got the same problem.