1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I never thought I would see the day...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tim_in_jax, Mar 2, 2005.

1. tim_in_jax

tim_in_jax New Member

This morning I had quite a surprise waiting for me when I started up my '05 Prius. I actually saw the snowflake icon. To some of you that might be a regular occurance given the environment that you live, but for someone like me who lives in the Central FL area, I was quite taken back. The Prius MFDor MID said that the outside temp was about 36. And I thought I was going to miss out on the whole snowflake experience.

Other than running the A\C, my MPG didn't seem like it was to adversely affected.

Tim

2. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tim_in_jax\";p=\"68644)</div>
    More like a constant companion, but only 4 months a year. Maybe it migrates to the north Pole in the spring. :)

3. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

I was suprised too. Radio said low 50's in Tampa areas, but 40's in northern areas. Got out of garage, read 60. After a mile or two, got 40's. Ok, expect that. Didn't expect 37 on county line road between Pasco and Hernando! Went back up to 40's on US19.

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    oic.... u2 floridians saw the snowflake??

ahhh pooooor babbeees!!

its funny. at this time of year the only time i see it is if its not gonna rain that day. so ive seen it every day for several weeks now for the most part.

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The coldest winter I ever lived through was in Lake City Florida when I was in the 5th grade, and I grew up in Northern Ohio. Snowed twice ie 4-7 flakes during the day, but it snowed that winter. They let school out both times. The house was not insulated and the heater could only be called pathetic. Good thing we had our Ohio winter clothes. We were significantly better off than the Natives who froze their buxxs off.

6. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Isn't there an old wives tale that if a groundhog doesn't see the snowflake in his prius display on the 2nd Feb it means an early Spring. :goodmorning:

7. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I keep hoping for spring but yesterday was in the 20's(?)with a strong wind.Brrrr. I see snowflakes in ever Prius I drive. Hurry up warm weather!

8. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    We have quite a winter in metro Detroit this year.

I have to chuckle that you folks in FL saw the snowflake because it dropped down below 40! That's pretty cool. Once it gets to 40 around here, I'll wash the Prius in the driveway.

We also has a record snowfall going this season. Something like 60" which is weird because we usually don't get much snow at all. It all goes east to Buffalo.

Prius with VCS and ABS is a blast in winter even with the stock tires.

9. Robert Taylor

Robert Taylor New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hdrygas\";p=\"68813)</div>
    I recall well that our Army Reserve Signal Company stayed in some brand new barracks that were built in the mid '70s at Camp Blanding Florida, near Stark. They had no air conditioning or heat. Just fans. There is no expectation of cold temps in Florida.

10. LisaMurray

LisaMurray New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Canuck\";p=\"68817)</div>
    Yea, yea, that's the ticket! Works for me!

<wishes she were in San Diego or Key West>

Lisa

11. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    “The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.†Whether Mark Twain actually said it or not, it is a very true statement.

During the summer, when we have out of state visitors here in Sacramento, and we are taking them to San Francisco, we are always met with an expression of YOU’RE NUTS when we suggest they bring a heavy coat.
    “What do you mean a coat! It’s 100 degrees outside. You Californians are wimps when it comes to cold!â€
    That may be true, but going from a dry 100 degrees to a foggy windy 45 degrees in less that 100 miles is enough to make anyone think hell had just froze over.