1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I now understand why everyone LOVES their PIP :)

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by shoemoney, Apr 23, 2012.

1. shoemoney

shoemoney New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    So I will admit that I could never understand why people who owned Prius' were like walking evangalists for the car.......

I've always been a sexy sportscar or SUV kind of gal. The thought of driving a Prius never was on my radar. Until the price of gas started creeping up did I finally start looking at cost effective driving solutions. I thought of getting a vespa, a smart car convertible, but could not give in.

Then the Tesla was introduced and my attention refocused.... and when I saw the $50K price tag, I realized that would be off in the future. Needless to say, after reading, reading and more reading (thank you to all for your posts), about your dedication to the PIP, I jumped on the registration list not thinking much about it.

That was until yesterday when we went to drive it and immediately realized how much money we would save in gas made it a no brainer :) ......also the fact that there were 50 people on a list waiting to buy it if we didn't :)

So after my first 24 hours of not driving the "sexy car" I can honestly say I'm a convert to the "Church of PIP" and will sing the praises to anyone that will listen - lol.

If toyota needs a spokesmom who walks the walk, I'm it.....

No more putting couture money into my gas tank :):cheer2::cheer2:

“I like my money right where I can see it... hanging in my closet.â€

- Sarah Jessica Parker/Carrie Bradshaw
    Sex and the City quotes

2 people like this.
  2. andyprius

andyprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Welcome to our club, the fearless innovators.

3. Jozo

Jozo PIP PIP HOORAY!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    HEY HEY HEY!!!! My PIP IS a sexy car! And, I might add, quite a status symbol. I now have THREE electric meters on my house - regular, solar, and PIP charger. So who needs Manolo Blahnik when you can have a PIP!

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    after the first 3 days of driving electric, i was bummed when i had to go 60 miles yesterday on hv! :)

5. mitch672

mitch672 Technology Geek

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, but iif you had a Leaf and used the heater, you might not have made that 60 mile commute :) (range has been as low as 50 miles in cold weather with use of the heater, over on the MNL forum)

I got a panic call from a BMW active-e leasee yesterday (I am listed on "ChargeShare"), she ended up driving more than expected and with the rain and cold temperatures, she was running out of charge... I directed her to a few local charging stations, she could have used my 240V/50AMP outlet, or the 120V/20AMP outlet, but she didn't have her EVSE with her, and mine is locked inside the garage.

lesson: even with a 100 mile range EV, you can get caught short of charge under different unexpected driving/weather conditions.

2 people like this.
  6. blakemster

blakemster Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I too am a convert ... all my salesmen buddies bought prius with the yellow sticker days and I thought the car was too gay for me and couldn't do it. This time I wasn't missing out ... bought car solely for hov sticker ... had car for 3 days and got it! Car looks cool, drives cool and the technology is simply amazing. I STILL DO NOT HAVE MY sticker and I would buy it without the sticker ... really impressed! Also, I got out in beverly hills and hollywood and the old prius quickly became a status car ... i for sure feel good pulling up at hi-end places in it ... wish i didn't have to give it to the valet :( .... and bummer it doesn't have a locking glove box like my last car when you occasionally must valet ...
    happy to be in the frat!
    blake master