1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I ordered my first Prius today

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by vinnysca, May 18, 2006.

1. vinnysca

vinnysca New Member

I've been bitten by the HYBRID BUG! I ordered my Silver Pine Mica Prius with option #8 from a local dealer here in Youngstown, Ohio. I was very surprised too, to know that if I wanted to just buy a pre-configured Prius that they were going to receive in a few days, that I was only 2nd in line. I have friends from California that are behind 150+ people on the waiting list. Who would have thought?

My salesguy told me to expect my Prius to come in 6-8 weeks, if not sooner. Can't wait!

2. kimgh

kimgh Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vinny @ May 18 2006, 04:15 PM) [snapback]257742[/snapback]</div>
    Strange: I "ordered" my Prius almost 3 weeks ago from a California dealer who said there were 100 people on the waiting list. I just got off the phone with the salesman, and I'm picking up my Super White #8 tomorrow. That's one day shy of a three week wait.

The thing that helped: I was willing to take any color but black. White is not my first choice, but it's going to be OK.

Anyway, the point is not how long the waiting list is, but how long you have to wait. 3 weeks is about half the time I was told to expect.

3. BobZ

BobZ New Member

Hi Vin. I ordered my Silver Pine Mica with the 5 pkg on 5/10 I'm on Long Island NY THey told me 6-8 weeks also.

B)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vinny @ May 18 2006, 07:15 PM) [snapback]257742[/snapback]</div>

4. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vinny @ May 18 2006, 07:15 PM) [snapback]257742[/snapback]</div>
    Well worth the wait; I like your color choice!!