1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I Pick Up My Prius This Weekend!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Aaron, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I sold my Jeep SUV today and put $500 deposit down on a Prius the dealer said would be hard to find. They said it was the only one like it within 300 miles (and it was b/c I did my own investigating)

Magnetic Gray TOURING w/ Package #5 (Fully loaded w/o leather) Had to have Navigation.

Just got a call from the dealer about 30 mins after I left and the other dealership accepted a trade from my dealer to get my DREAM PRIUS! Wooohooo!

WHAT A DAY! So excited to be going from 18 MPG to 48+ MPG!

2. sandman

sandman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Re: I Pick Up My Pris This Weekend!

Aaron, Congrats on new prius. I pick mine up this weekend also, Saturday morning to be exact. Good color choice that is what color I got but I had to wait two weeks....
    Be sure and post some pics...

3. tarapup

tarapup Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congratulations! You will love your new Prius. I have had mine 400 miles now, and I'm thrilled. Traded my SUV, and don't miss it at all (okay, other than the hauling capacity and some of the luxuries). I'm on tank 1.5, and at 48 mpg. Certainly better than the 19 mpg I was getting. :)

I've had a little teasing - one guy asked if I wanted to race...I asked if he wanted to compare mpg. Another guy said the car was "ugly" (he drives a caddy) - I asked him how many mpg he gets, and how much he paid for the car. :cool: And I, of course, think the Prius looks cool

Another magnetic Grey was driving next to me the other day - she honked and waved. A black Prius was at the stop light next to me yesterday - we waved and smiled at each other. I like that. :thumb:

My mods and etc. that have been good: "ScratchX" to get rid of some dog-jumping-up-on-the-car marks (just did that today and was thrilled with the results), and Zaino polish. I haven't actually done the Zaino yet, but I'm now an owner and totally excited to try it as soon as I have a spare couple o'hours. And, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the 303 protectant. I put it on the dash etc today, and it's got an elegant satin look to it - not tha cheap "armor-all" kind-o' shine. And of course it's supposed to be a good thing for the vinyl.
    I also put on the 3M film for the hood, and installed (myself! :clap2:) the bumper protection film (bought it through the store on this site).

And I ordered a really fun decal for my rear window (as I said in my original post, first things first http://priuschat.com/forums/newbie-forum/44417-just-picked-up-my-08-metallic-grey-yesterday.html), but haven't received it yet.

So far, I'm at 48 mpg. 1st tank was about 44, but I understand it's supposed to get higher as I get used to driving the car and as it breaks in, and as weather (I'm in the cold north) gets warmer.

Best to you. I, myself, and one damn happy girl!

Mary