1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I put my $$$ down on a new Prius!!! :)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by alexilic, May 31, 2007.

1. alexilic

alexilic Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok, after lurking for a while, I finally bit the bullet :D I put my deposit down on a '07 Black Prius Touring Edition with Package #3. They are letting it go for $500 under MSRP.. which is better then anything else here in the Chicagoland area. Many around here don't have anymore in stock.

Couple of questions..

1) Will I regret getting black? Heat? MPG lower? Etc..

2) Is $500 under MSRP a good deal? I could of gotten $1,000 off a few months ago, before the gas prices really jumped..

3) What are the first things to do to it?

I'm selling my '06 fully loaded Tundra SR5 if anyone is interested? :lol: Great truck, but with me putting almost 25k a year, I'm going to pay for the Prius, it's fuel, and insurance with what I spent every month just on gas!!! Absurd!

Oh, yeah, how do I get my handle changed to "chitownsipper"??? B)

Alex

2. priusmaybe

priusmaybe New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chitown guzzler @ May 31 2007, 11:12 PM) [snapback]453006[/snapback]</div>
    What is your breakdown of your final price? I have noticed pricing going up a bit.

I have the black in Georgia. It does not bother me. Get a windshield screen and park in the shade.

3. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

hot is hot...... i don't buy that old wives tale that a black car it hotter than say a white or silver one..... i had a black mdx that was lot cooler than my prius is/was prior to getting its windows tinted..... ANY vehicle is going to be hot with untinted window and the sun beating in on you......

i had quotes of right around invoice for touring versions her in socal... thank goodness i drove one before buying it... i HATED the ride on the touring.... very rough... felt EVERY SINGLE bump in the road..... YUCK! make sure you drive both versions before making your final decision... take the same route for each test drive.....

and yes.... get a heatshield for the windshield when it's parked!

4. priussoris

priussoris New Member

Mythbusters have proven a black car gets hotter it makes sense , take the black plastic dash in the prius, it gets hot we made a gray dash mat and the dash is much cooler because of a few reasons- color, fabric vs plastic etc... and I agree hot is hot being from AZ to Maine as you well know AZ - it's a dry heat but at 110 HOT IS HOT no matter what the humidity is

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have black and love it. It shows dirt better than any other color, but looks classy when clean. As for heat, as posted previously, the outside color of a car is much less a factor than the greenhouse effect of all the glass. The Prius has a lot of glass, and coupled with a dark interior it can heat up. I don't have sun shades, but if I had to do a lot of outside parking, I'd get them.

Tom

6. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chitown guzzler @ May 31 2007, 10:12 PM) [snapback]453006[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome to PC and the Prius.

1. Pump up your tires, the dealer won't have it right, start with 42 front/40 rear.

2. If you do a lot of highway travel get a clear bra for the front.

3. Again if you do a lot of highway travel get the BT stiffening plate.

4. Get an engine block heater, especially good for late fall/winter/early spring.

5. Join us at the ChicagoPriusGroup.com for our meetings and events.

Wayne