1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I Read the Funny Manual

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jimofdg, Sep 2, 2004.

1. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

To pass the time until my Prius arrives, I finished reading the owner's manual. I am not trying to pick on the quality of the translation; there is a great deal of information and Toyota has done a capable job.

My favorite phrase in the manual is on pages 98 and 99, about the (Auto) Anti-Glare inside rear view mirror.
    "Adjust the mirror so that you can just see the rear of your vehicle in the mirror." No problem there!

Are there any other sections of the Prius documentation that bring a smile to your face?

2. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The *inside* of the rear, that should be easy! :)

3. bruceha_2000

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Under the steering column. I pass :)

4. tms13

tms13 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Business Ed. Plus
    Er, I make that 16 hours and 43 minutes, give or take. You fail. :tongue:

5. bruceha_2000

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I knew the answer within 3 seconds of reading the question. :( Does that mean everyone fails their SATs because there is a time limit to finish and the tests were printed months in advance? ;-)

6. swepri

swepri New Member

I don't know if this will be funny after my translation from Swedish (which is translated from English, which is translated from Japanese I suppose):

"Be careful when using the steering wheel buttons to avoid accidents in traffic"

In my understanding the steering wheel buttons were meant for other things than avoiding accidents in traffic. And shouldn't I be careful when turning the AC on or adjusting the sound level?

There is a lot of minor errors in the Swedish manual. And a terrible mix of Swedish and English screenshots of the MFD. And all the U.S. lawyer varnings of course.

/Paj

7. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Not verbatim, but I love the "Caution: avoid hitting passengers or cargo when adjusting the seat" (like we need to be reminded of this? Is this as necessary a caution as, say, avoiding touching the orange cables to keep from getting electrocuted?).

8. bookrats

bookrats New Member

:lolup:

Yeah, I hate it when that happens. (Particularly cargo, 'cause it's usually harder, and can damage the bumper more.) :mrgreen:

9. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

Thanks for these.

My favorite information in a box is white, not yellow. From p. 44:

NOTICE: Be sure to return the support rod to its clip before closing the hood. Closing the hood with the support rod inserted into the slot could cause the hood to bend.

So that's how they got it to bend that way!