1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I saw a 125 mpg E-Drive Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by LA FREEWAY, Dec 23, 2005.

1. LA FREEWAY

LA FREEWAY New Member

Yesterday, I was driving near LAX International Airport and was just going to go for a nice drive along PCH or Pacific Coast Hwy, when I saw a black normal looking Prius with a large symbol on the passenger door driving in the opposite direction. I was waiting at a long left turn signal...and just decided to make a u-turn and catch up and follow that black Prius. Well I caught up to the black Prius and the Prius had a logo with "E-Drive 125 mpg"

E-drive is a start up company which converts standard Prius to go long distances with using electricity.

2. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

PriusPlus
    Note the careful yet subtle wording: "100+ mpg plus electricity".
    That's not the same as MPG since part of the energy used comes from plugging the car in.

3. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    yep, presently the prius is not an alternative energy vehicle... it just uses gas very efficiently.

Once we start pluggin in, we will be alternative, and we can then advertize exceptional MPG.... the only deceptive part "by reading a license plate", is that we tend to not mention how much electricity is used to obtain that awesome gas mileage!

4. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

My objection here is that using the term MPG (miles per GALLON) is inaccurate and misleading if part of your energy comes from plugging the car in.

5. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My objection here is that there's no such thing as a nice drive down PCH anywhere near LAX (assuming it's Hwy 1 you're referring to?). :)

Somewhere in Hermosa PCH becomes Sepulveda, and that street continues on north past LAX into no man's land along the 405. There is Highland Ave/Vista del Mar which runs along the coast from the beach cities of the South Bay that runs past LAX and into Marina del Rey. I make the mistake of calling it PCH sometimes, b/c it follows the coastline like PCH does in Orange County (Seal Beach south to Dana Point). :p