1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I Saw a Camry Hybrid In The Flesh on the road

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Widdletink, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Widdletink

Widdletink Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Hi All,

So, about 2pm today I was driving in Orange, California when I came upon 4 Toyotas with manufacturer's plates driving in a row. Upon first glance, I thought they were all Lexus' but when I got closer I saw that the first car in the line was a white Lexsus sedan, followed by a light metallic green Camry hybrid sedan (that looked just like it, right down to the unique shape of the rear fender and light assemblies) then there was a white ICE Camry and last but not least, a Lexus SUV.

I think the thing that surprised me most was just how much both Camry's looked like the Lexus. The green color was reminiscent of the classic color but just about two steps deeper (less "ice" and more "green").

Okay, I know I am a big dork, but I was so excited that I called my hubby and told him about the sighting and have been anxious all day to get home to share the info with all of you.

BTW, IMHO the Prius is still the better looking car.

Take care all and have a super day,

Tisza

2. bnlfanmatt

bnlfanmatt Member

Awesome. I hadn't paid much attention, and didn't know they were close to coming out yet...

(Are they?)

You kinda just forget about all others when you have the best, right? B)

3. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    SWEET! :lol: I think I want one!

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    And the Prius burns less gas. :)

6. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    cool!

bet it was some big shots from the regional distributor. SET is heading up to kentucky next week to do the same thing. but california is a little far so i bet they had some trucked over.

the new camry is reminiscent of the avalon, which is as luxury as it gets under the toyota nameplate.

DH wanted to try to get himself invited to the factory tour and CamHy viewing, except we don't have the money to put up for the trip and hotel and food expenses, etc. :(

7. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Actually, Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc., is headquartered in Torrance, CA, a distance of only about 30 miles from where the sitings took place. The design studio is in Newport Beach, California, which is even closer.